Don't Buy a Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Carbon

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Can't do a Ranger, a mate has one and I couldn't deal with the constant 'I told you so' lecture!
Hmm, I did consider getting a Cotic before I got my Paradox and their hard tails look nice. Not a fan of the FlareMax's looks, seat stays have a bit of a Giant Anthem circa 2012 look
Nicolai is probably a bit more than I need and a bit beefy, I'm old and have to go to work on Monday so firmly in the 'downcountry' category. Given that Spurs are hard to find, I suppose it's a Ripley? I did start looking at an Esker Rowl....
New mate time!

Agree that this is the absolute best your going to get. Mentioning the 5% restocking fee is them again not recognising they shipped a faulty product as @wkkie mentioned this makes it sound like you have changed your mind. I expect to see this frame on another mtbr thread in a few months because they bodged a fix and resold it.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Can't do a Ranger, a mate has one and I couldn't deal with the constant 'I told you so' lecture!
Hmm, I did consider getting a Cotic before I got my Paradox and their hard tails look nice. Not a fan of the FlareMax's looks, seat stays have a bit of a Giant Anthem circa 2012 look
Nicolai is probably a bit more than I need and a bit beefy, I'm old and have to go to work on Monday so firmly in the 'downcountry' category. Given that Spurs are hard to find, I suppose it's a Ripley? I did start looking at an Esker Rowl....
Ripley would be a good choice but then why not get a Spur? What size do you ride? @Minlak has his large Ripley for sale. 2nd hand but no waiting.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
New mate time.

The saturn 11is like an OG spur.
Just do it. They’re very, very pretty. I spent a derby trip getting dropped by one.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More details on the refund. Seems fair to me

Hey David,

If you would like to just send the frame and shock, and keep the dropper, we will just deduct the dropper price from your refund. We have no issue going this route if you'd like to keep it.

We will not dispute the refund because we have agreed to provide you a refund upon receipt of the frame and shock.

I have attached a screen shot of your order. Your total before shipping was $3,306.23. The Revive dropper is $340, so $3,306.23-$340=$2966.23. We deduct the 5% restock fee from the amount being returned to you, so 5% of $2966.23 is $148.31. That brings your final refund amount to $2817.92.

Once we receive the bike, we will inspect it to make sure there is no damage we aren't aware of. We understand that the frame has minor cosmetic marks from riding, but we just want to make sure there isn't anything structurally compromised. If we see anything questionable, we will reach out to you. You have been very transparent so I highly doubt this will be an issue, but just so you're aware.

After the frames been inspected and there are no issues, we will submit your refund. Once it's submitted, it's typically about 5-7 business days for the banks to approve the refund and credit the funds back to your account.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More details on the refund. Seems fair to me

Hey David,

If you would like to just send the frame and shock, and keep the dropper, we will just deduct the dropper price from your refund. We have no issue going this route if you'd like to keep it.

We will not dispute the refund because we have agreed to provide you a refund upon receipt of the frame and shock.

I have attached a screen shot of your order. Your total before shipping was $3,306.23. The Revive dropper is $340, so $3,306.23-$340=$2966.23. We deduct the 5% restock fee from the amount being returned to you, so 5% of $2966.23 is $148.31. That brings your final refund amount to $2817.92.

Once we receive the bike, we will inspect it to make sure there is no damage we aren't aware of. We understand that the frame has minor cosmetic marks from riding, but we just want to make sure there isn't anything structurally compromised. If we see anything questionable, we will reach out to you. You have been very transparent so I highly doubt this will be an issue, but just so you're aware.

After the frames been inspected and there are no issues, we will submit your refund. Once it's submitted, it's typically about 5-7 business days for the banks to approve the refund and credit the funds back to your account.
I thought they were going to waive the restock fee?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Ok result I guess. Annoying that you had to be their QC and pay them shipping for the privilege.

What next? You said the smaller manufacturers. Could always buck the trend though, and grab something like the Specialized Epic Evo.

Local Aussie steel full squish?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought they were going to waive the restock fee?
I've ridden the bike and I think the restocking fee is fair. While the return isn't my fault I don't have any problems paying the restocking fee.

Ok result I guess. Annoying that you had to be their QC and pay them shipping for the privilege.

What next? You said the smaller manufacturers. Could always buck the trend though, and grab something like the Specialized Epic Evo.

Local Aussie steel full squish?
I like the look of the Tor but the three month wait time puts me off.

Incase you got mixed up with Leitch’s saturn 14, the saturn 11 is 105mm out back paired to a 120mm fork.

https://en.nicolai-bicycles.com/frames/saturn-11/
Oh, righto I had thought it was the same as Leithc's. I'll have a look.

There's a large one for sale at Berwick Cycles in VIC. And it's large...
I can't see it on their website (lol) or BikeExchange. Is this a FB thing?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've ridden the bike and I think the restocking fee is fair. While the return isn't my fault I don't have any problems paying the restocking fee.

I like the look of the Tor but the three month wait time puts me off.

Oh, righto I had thought it was the same as Leithc's. I'll have a look.

I can't see it on their website (lol) or BikeExchange. Is this a FB thing?
I actually went in there as it's close to me. Give them a call...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That's a good result @komdotkom, glad it went that way for you. Bummed you'll be without a bike for a bit but all in all, that's the best possible outcome you could have asked for. ;)