Don't Buy a Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Carbon

Jpez

Down on the left!
Hopefully it's just them covering their obligations and you are happy with the bike when you get it.
I found my issues with GG incredibly frustrating. Dealing with them was so annoying. Whilst they always reply to your emails super quick I never got a proper or satisfacresponse to anything.
BUT I can confirm that alloy GG bikes ride F@cking awesome and the new carbon bikes are even better by all all reports. I will definitely miss mine.
So I think once the bike and new stays are in hand and on trails stoke levels will be super high.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Hopefully it's just them covering their obligations and you are happy with the bike when you get it.
Yeah agree. Reading between the lines it sounds like they might've discovered an issue or two in initial testing and aren't quite satisfied to sign off on it. Worth bearing in mind that their 'Revved 3000' carbon (or whatever it's called) is meant to be properly brick shithouse stuff even by fancy plastic standards and is being developed using unprecedented methods so it might just not be meeting their overtly high stress tests.

Still not that encouraging though.

Last edited:

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They should have just given it to the mad Frenchman and told him to ride it hard for two weeks, fix the breakages then rinse and repeat. He's (Yoann Birelli) fucking crazy, if he can't break it I'll be fine. Having said that I suppose hacks are harder on the gear than people with skill, so maybe not appropriate.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's arrived, but not without some issues with DHL. I got a shipping notification yesterday that it was back in Colorado and was awaiting pickup....
Anyway they didn't sting me for GST and import duty so I'm happy about that.
A quick inspection in the office while on a conference call and it looks pretty good, certainly plenty of material in the frame. If I can time I'll try and build it tonight.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Glad it turned up and hope it works out (which I’m sure it will) but this thread combined with the Pole one has certainly reinforced my view about sticking to ‘mainstream’ brands with good local presence and warranty support.....even if it means seeing ten of your bike at the local trail lol.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Glad it turned up and hope it works out (which I’m sure it will) but this thread combined with the Pole one has certainly reinforced my view about sticking to ‘mainstream’ brands with good local presence and warranty support.....even if it means seeing ten of your bike at the local trail lol.
Exept if it's a Yeti, or a Giant, or one of those Treks with the alloy pivot bolts, didn't Specialized have some debacle with dishonouring warranties a while back?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m not saying other people’s stuff doesn’t break, lots of broken Yetis and Spesh enduros (tonnes actually) out there, and not everyone is going to get the outcome they want out of every warranty claim, but I place having some solid local support behind the brand fairly high.
But happy the frame has turned up and hopefully delivers many smiles per miles! Plus they look sick

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I’m not saying other people’s stuff doesn’t break, lots of broken Yetis and Spesh enduros (tonnes actually) out there, and not everyone is going to get the outcome they want out of every warranty claim, but I place having some solid local support behind the brand fairly high.
But happy the frame has turned up and hopefully delivers many smiles per miles! Plus they look sick
Fair enough. But as with cars, going on track record and research typically works out better than relying on warranty.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keen mountain bike enthusiasts will be aware that the award for the most ridiculous cable routing for 2020 was won by the Commencal Meta TR which required a cork screw, seven hands and a ferret to complete the dropper installation.
It's nice to see that competition in this category isn't dead with GG implementing the much awaited SFCT (Stupid Fucking Cable Tray) system which is not only mind bogglingly difficult to setup, it requires the use of no less than three ferrets a full dozen hands. It's great that someone is providing ongoing employment opportunities for out of work ferrets in this country.
Aside from the cable thing being a fucking joke, the rest of the assembly is going reasonably well. I had some issues with shit in the bottom bracket threads but with some alcohol and a liberal dose of expletives (aimed squarely at Shimano for that stupid plastic BB adaptor jigger). It's nicely made and quite chunky, much more material around the head tube and bottom bracket than I was expecting and the chain stays are fat AF. Seat stays not so much but they are still thicker than most other carbon bikes I've seen.
I'm going to say 12kg ish, possibly lighter after I set it on fire when I can't get the cables in the tray. I hope to finish it off tomorrow night and will take some pics.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in the process of selling my house at the moment and am having a clean up in the garage which has prevented me from finishing off the build. I need to find another couple of hours to spend on it, and wait for my new wheels to arrive.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Looks great, the brake cable on the outside of the fork is causing me to twitch. Bike looks properly chunky. Look forward to ride impressions!

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You could always try shrinking the heat shrink - looks nicer when you do.
Lol, not until I have the outer lengths correct. They are better with the cable ties but now I reckon they'll rub the powder coating off the head tube pretty quickly

teK--

Eats Squid
That head tube looks solid af. Moreso than any non-DH bike I've ever seen.

Can you test the frame with a sledehammer like in those videos?