Does this happen to you?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope commenting on this doesn't break protocol / warrant an infringement notice. :^)
There will always be some bitter, small minded petty excuse for a rider thinking that just by looking at you they can determine what level of bike you should have.

You could have just thrown down a wicked run that Brandon Semenuk would have drooled over, finished at the end only to have said halfwit comment.

Just ride, enjoy your bike and be happy in the knowledge with that attitude their life's not going to get much better.

not_brian

Likes Bikes
Just ignore them - or fuck off - which ever makes you happier.

Out of interest would you say it was it a younger person or a grumpy old bastard? either way it's not on - just curious.
Oh it's definitely the younger crowd who make that comment.
I was chatting with come cranky old men the other day about my bike and all they said was "I wish my wife would ride mountain bikes too".

I like the cranky old men better.

not_brian

Likes Bikes
I'm assuming you ride at Glenrock as you are from Newcastle, I'm also assuming you were riding on the weekend. The F@#kwits and weirdos come out full force on the weekends. If you can find the time it would be worth going for a mid week ride, there will be less riders and the riders you do comes across will be more respectful then your average weekend warrior.
Last weekend at Glenrock was chaos! I had to stop twice to help riders fix their bikes and then some young gun tried to push past me going into the entrance of the Shaft and stacked it badly. I was mean enough to laugh.
Week days rides are much more fun but unfortunately my boss doesn't always agree.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I was chatting with come cranky old men the other day about my bike and all they said was "I wish my wife would ride mountain bikes too"..
God no! I'm a cranky old man, the last thing I want is my only escape to become a lambasting on wheels...

I like the cranky old men better.
We're pretty awesome.

Question is, does Brian ride, and if so, what's his take on all this tom foolery?

not_brian

Likes Bikes
How was the weekend Brian?
Fantastic! I rode in the Trailstar Borah Banzai at Manilla. The trails are so much fun and it really pushed me to have a go at riding stuff I hadn't done before. No crashes!

There were only a few of us in the women's category and we had the best weekend racing each other. Definitely coming back for more of this next year.