Does anyone have the Fox Speedframe? How does the shape compare to the V1 Fox Flux?

Shredden

Knows his goats
Please forgive me making two threads in a week on the sizing of MTB gear. I made a thread earlier about the Fox Ranger Lite shorts. I ended up driving an hour to 99 Bikes with the intention of trying them on. When I got there they wouldn't let me try them on because of COVID. Fair enough but still frustrating.

Anyway - bought some shorts online last night. Went with a pair of Nukeproof ones that I have actually tried on before and felt good, so fingers crossed they fit alright.

I also need a new helmet. I was hoping to try the Speedframe on in 99, but obviously that wasn't going to happen.

I'm still running an original Fox Flux which I bought about 6 years ago and it's time for an update. I absolutely love the fit of the Flux, it sort of amazes me how well it fits. I tried on a Giro Fixture a few weeks ago and hated the fit, felt like it was pressing into my forehead and the back of my head but not touching anywhere else. Which is coincidentally the same feeling I get from my XL Troy Lee D3... So I guess I must have a watermelon shaped head??

Can anyone who has owned both a Flux and a Speedframe tell me if they found the fit to be similar? It's still a bit risky buying online but I'm impatient.

Cheers as always.

Shredden

Knows his goats
LOL, sounds like you got decent treatment if you were only going there to try on and then buy online !
You're wrong. I had cash in hand and intended to buy both in store. 99 Bikes prices are competitive with online stores a lot of the time anyway (also they price match). I also would have bought the Giro from Bicycle Superstore if it fit me.

I decided on the Nukeproof shorts purely because I couldn't try the Fox ones instore. If I decide to get the Speedframe lid I'll be buying it online from 99 Bikes anyway.

Thanks for the help though :D

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I'm also interested in your question....... i bought a Flux 2 as a replacement for my Flux 1 and it fits exactly the same. I've tried Bell and ended up selling it never having ever worn it as it just didnt fit my head.

I'm thinking about getting the Speedframe with MIPS as could use a better lid.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Recently got a Speedframe Pro. Great helmet and has now got a 5 star rating from Virginia Tech. Last Fox helmet I had was the original Flux with the rear wing bit a good 8 years ago or more.

Think there was 2 size charts floating round as ordere large for my 58cm head and was too big and ended up with a medium.

Going by the correct size chart:

https://www.foxracing.com/mtb-size-chart.html#helmets

found the helmet to fit correctly.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Thanks heaps shiny - my head is a touch over 60cm and I go XL in most brands so I think the Large should be a safe bet :)

Glad to hear it got you well. The Flux I have is also the one with the plastic spoiler on it.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and order.

Goudgey

Likes Dirt
I’ve recently purchased a Speedframe with MIPS and for me it’s very comfortable. Can’t provide a comparison with the Flux as I’ve never worn one.

One comment I will make however is the padding soaks up a lot of sweat to the point where it can’t hold any more then releases it as a river of sweat into my eyes! My only gripe with the helmet.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Thanks heaps shiny - my head is a touch over 60cm and I go XL in most brands so I think the Large should be a safe bet :)

Glad to hear it got you well. The Flux I have is also the one with the plastic spoiler on it.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and order.
Yeah, should be good with a large. My boof is the same size and shape and for years I could only wear Met helmets as anything else was painful. My newly acquired a Flux comfortably fits over my head and a head band.

Minlak

custom titis
Fox Flux V1 - then I had Fox Flux V2 - Just got Fox Speedframe (not pro) - feels like fit is the same - I prefer the Speedframe but may just feel comfy as new pads etc - All in large - fit the same