Dislike Button

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Dear Lords of Burning Rotors,

The like button is an innovation since we don't have to write long arsed responses and promotes laziness.

It is so handy but we send the wrong message to fellow Burners if we like unlikable things since there is no alternative.

Could this confusing but important situation be fixed by adding a dislike button to help keep public order between fellow MTBers?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
What about when a dislike is a like. You hurt yourself so I like it or dislike it? Also hello children play here. That button will be more abused than an orphan in Oliver.

I am with cockonspecial on this one no requirement to like anything now but you can if you want to.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah, totally agree we need a dislike button.
Somebody expresses a love of schwalbe? BAM! Dislike. Someone else *chops* makes a comeback extolling the virtues of greasing loctite? Smack that dislike button harder han a ginger stepchild.

Facebook isn’t getting me back untill I can dislike people there.

Don’t be like facebook farkin, give is a dislike

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
The beauty of the forum is that you can just tell someone that they suck.
Keep the dislikes for passive aggressive disapproval of your facebook contacts.

Ultralord I'm pretty sure there used to be an ignore user option when the forum was running vbullitin. Haven't had a look since it was switched over. I've now entertained by what poodle and Moorey post so no need to go looking :cool:

Ultra Lord

Its not the people i want to ignore, just all things ebike. Am I being petty? Probably. if we had a dislike button you could mash that to let me know without having to type an essay to reply!

Minlak

custom titis
Its not the people i want to ignore, just all things ebike. Am I being petty? Probably. if we had a dislike button you could mash that to let me know without having to type an essay to reply!
Its a forum!
You know where ideas and views can be exchanged.
If we get a dislike button the first thing I am going to do is dislike the button.

forum.PNG

Ultra Lord

Id still end up replying, but when moorey throws out a cheeky *they’re or something, that’s beggin for a dislike

moorey

call me Mia
Also an ignore thread button please. Help me, help myself.
The point of an ignore button is to negate the need for a ‘dislike’. I’ve essentially ‘unfriended’ people on here whose FB friend request I would have deleted, or blocked after sharing anti-vax material.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This thread has really erupted! @johnny throwing down a dance of challenge like that isn't something you can shrug off like a late 90s puffy vest!

A thread ignore button would be good and complementary to the ignore user function. A dislike button would end up bordering on bullying and potentially discourage some users from posting when things get hot. I don't mean in the usual "no you're a poo-poo-face" mud slinging, but in some of the recent technical or industry related discussions for example.

I've never shared anti-vaxing material. Vax on peeps!