Dictator for a day

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
The all wise Australian Voter has deemed it fit to make you Supreme Leader.

What would you change ... big, small, no issue to trivial or outside of your power. Time frame doesn’t really matter, but Dictator for a Day was a nice title :)

The only requirement, you need to explain why ... and “just because” makes it boring.

Bush Fires, changing Australia Day, Republic, treaties, Urban planning, Tolls, Taxes ... you name it, it’s in scope,

world Dictator for a day also possible.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
World dictator, I’d go all thanos on the planet. Randomised culling, no exceptions, half the population gone. That’d fix things nicely.

If I wasn’t picked to die, I’d probably be assassinated afterwards. If I wasn’t, I’d gift myself tassie, for obvious reasons.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
the first thing that I would do is make it law that any imported plastic shit from China needs to make it back to China for them to deal with!
including all that fucking stupid sealed plastic packaging that cannot be reused, and that you almost always nearly slice your hand off whilst trying to open them...the shit that causes 'Wrap Rage', and yes its a thing!
Oh and $10000 fine for anybody placing a ciggy butt in anything but a garbage receptacle..

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
1. Licenses for children everywhere.

Would solve overpopulation, climate change, refugees, crime, underemployment all with one policy.

2. Large scale roll out of medium scale nuclear reactors. Primarily travelling wave, thorium and fast breeders.

With enough energy you can turn CO2 into diamonds.

3. All political donations to be capped at $1000 per individual only. Political campaigning by registered parties only. Campaigns to be reimbursed based on % of votes.

4. Compulsory voting in all democracies.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Bicycles now receives a 200% tax deduction

All <15km car trips are now illegal.

You need a license to take a plane flight

Rooftop PV and wind generation is also subject to massive tax write offs.

Carbon trading scheme is implemented

All product packaging must be recyclable.

Plastic shit is banned. There must be a real need.

Mining is still allowed, but every ton of co2 (realised or future) must be offset with 10 ton of capture.

Real R&D is subject to favourable tax laws again.

Asylum seekers are treated humanly. Economic asylum seekers are charged 150K on entry with strict conditions. Citizenship takes 10 years.

Political donations and interference is now punished by detention at a off shore processing facility.

Federal, state and local government anti corruption hearings with serious penalties.

History is taught and respected so we don’t make the same mistakes over and over.

Drug abuse is treated as a medical issue, not a criminal one.

Anyone who displays an inability to comprehend consequences is knocked out and finds themselves in the back seat with a drunk driver at a smash derby. Family and friends get to vote who the person subject to consequences retraining is to be. This is natural selection, the weakest will always be elevated by the herd.

Rupert Murdoch is beheaded ISIS style. Or maybe a cage lowered into burning oil. I’m sorry, the amount of damage this man has caused warrants a truely barbaric ending.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
What link said, plus:
  • no foreign ownership of agricultural land or food companies
  • make it illegal for companies to offshore profits to avoid paying tax, or defer losses ad infinitum
  • increase GST to 15% and mandate that the extra money is spent on front line public services like emergency services and health care, the homeless and youth employment
  • ban water trading
  • aged care to be a NFP industry, with regulated minimum standards of care
  • no new thermal coal mines or power stations

...and make geoblocking illegal for unrestricted products and services.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
  1. Geoblocking is punished with a severe fine that goes towards making more trails.
  2. Political donations are 100% transparent even for the smallest values. These are printed alongside the person you are voting for at election time.
  3. Carbon price.
  4. Population policy that actually has a plan and numbers.
  5. Transport and infrastructure plan to support the population.
  6. Legalise recreational drugs.