DHX 5 air Demo 9 problems

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys i just purchased a new 2009 DHX5 air from tbsm, I put the shock in to my demo and found out that where the eyelet with the du bush on the end of the shaft (not the shock body) wont fit in to my frame. Its physically (fisicaly How did i spell it like that idiot) cannot go in far enough for the bolt to go through. It will be better explained with the pics Follow the yellow brick road! i mean link *shifty eyes*
http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/Craig_060790/?action=view&current=IMG_1826.jpg
Can some one please help!

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Wow thats a real shitter. From the looks of things you may need to even go to a coil. Maybe there is an adaptor.

josh2517

Likes Dirt
take it to bike hub,
i had the exact same problem and they only charged me 10bucks for new bushings...
worked out so good

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
I don't know its just annoying as i thought where it narrows in and where the hole is would be a standard lenght on fox shocks.i don't think it has anything to do with the bushes. i might have to make some mounting hardwear at work where the hole is offcentered so i can bolt it up.

wootown

Likes Dirt
I don't know its just annoying as i thought where it narrows in and where the hole is would be a standard lenght on fox shocks.i don't think it has anything to do with the bushes. i might have to make some mounting hardwear at work where the hole is offcentered so i can bolt it up.
your better of just going to bike hub or another shop because they will do it properly and if it screws up they fix it fir free

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
is it possible to swap the shock around?

because it wont fit that way and I cant be bothered explaining why

zen zen

Likes Dirt
Yeah i agree just take it in they will find out why its not working instead of a dodgie job. Also the correct spelling is physically.

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
The way it is now the shock clears the frame. If i put it in the lower bottom bracket position the propedal lever hits the frame so thats a no go. I can't turn the shock around and have the shock body closer to the rear wheel as specialized said its not possible ill try it any way but yeh.