DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

driftking

Wheel size expert
I was wondering when someone would go wide over that bride and take the outside line. The earlier rider who did it definitely looked much faster, saves slowing right down trying to fight the muddy bridge, the run down also looks smoother, faster entry and exit, although it does tighten the exit turn it looks quicker.

Glad to see bruni hit it with good results.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Sam Hill needs to start charging for churning out superstar young riders.
Gutted for Sam, but, who wasn't kinda expecting him to push it and go too hard. This is crazy, I never would have guessed it for Jones but couldn't be happier for him, what a champ (...?).

Still got Brossy to come down!

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
As much as I wanted to see Troy put the run together that we have seen bits of all season, fuck it's good to see Loic Bruni finally win something! No more deserving winner.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yeah I think that was a fitting win, it's about time he's been needing that all year. Bummed for troy, not sure if he had it or not but it wouldn't be champs if it didn't go like it did.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, good on him, he really deserves a big win like this.

Guess Gwin is human after all! Riding right on the edge doesn't seem like a winning strategy for Troy, I really hope he rethinks his style at least a little for the new year.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
So stoked for Loic. So much elation from everyone at ground zero, awesome scenes.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
A very likeable top 3. Knew it was going to come down to either Gwin, Brosnan or Loic for the win. The control Loic demonstrates make me think he'll still get better and it'll be tight between he and Gwin over the next couple of years. Still don't think Gwin has much to worry about, it'll happen. Minnaar shows that it's unlikely he'll never not be a threat until he decides to exist the sport. Bryceland caps off a brilliant season all things considered, more wins will come his way.

Real shame to see Hill go down. It's heartbreaking to see perhaps the most inspirational rider in the sports history be dealt such a rough hand over the past few years in terms of injuries. Hopefully he can have an injury free couple of seasons and exist the sport in a way befitting of him.

And now the long wait begins...

Klips

Likes Dirt
I love that, in what was clearly a dominant run by Bruni, you have both Claudio and Warner referencing the Danny Hart Champery race call - both "STAY ON YOUR BIKE LOIC" and the glorious "LOOK AT THE TIME" at the end. Great race, definitely worth watching. Redbull TV app was perfect to transition from watching on the computer to watching in bed!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Bloody great to see, aside from the obvious conclusion on the time sheet; Bruni did look the quickest.
I was around Bruni and Virgier earlier this year doing laps of a bike park and they are some cool friendly cats. It was great to see their shared joy at the end.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Rat boy being excited to tell him was my highlight I think. Was worried about gwin for a moment there, how far did the bike get away from him to be down so long and come down looking uninjured?

Three

Likes Bikes
I asked a couple races back "what does Loic have to do to win?"
Enter the world champs seems to work for him.
Outside of the Aussies, Loic is the one I was most hoping to take the W. Glad he got it done.

indica

Serial flasher
Yes, great for Loic.
I loved Greg's jump into the crowd, that was cool.

Mick did well too, I didn't see his run - bloody Redbull app stopped after the girls and I have to click on mens to play that and he was done by then - but 10th is a solid effort.

As for Gee, did he really have a pedal clip or did he throw the race?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
As for Gee, did he really have a pedal clip or did he throw the race?
Did he throw the race? Why would he throw it? He ate it bad, I thought he'd busted his collarbone in the act too, he looked pretty bent when he stood up.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Anyone hear what was up with Nicole? Seems hard to believe that she'd throw her run away by a faulty seat...