DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

jlombard

Cannon Fodder
Greg

I am hoping that Greg Minnaar can get another one over the line, with all his experience. Looks like Gwin might be hard to beat though....

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Greg is on for World Champs. he's gonna be hard to beat....[/QUOTE]

Don't think Aaron, Troy or Loic wil have too hard a time beating him there. I think Aaron rode pretty coservative last weekend by his standards. If he's firing and nothing weird happens, I anticipate a thorough demolition of the field... Unless Troy pulls off the run he's being trying to pull off for the last couple of rounds.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Don't think Aaron, Troy or Loic wil have too hard a time beating him there. I think Aaron rode pretty coservative last weekend by his standards. If he's firing and nothing weird happens, I anticipate a thorough demolition of the field... Unless Troy pulls off the run he's being trying to pull off for the last couple of rounds.
I don't think it matters what happens to Gwin at this point. If he stays upright, he'll win a huge margin, if he has a mechanical, he'll win by a slightly smaller margin :p

Odissius

Likes Dirt
I don't think it matters what happens to Gwin at this point. If he stays upright, he'll win a huge margin, if he has a mechanical, he'll win by a slightly smaller margin :p
Yeah he is definitely the favourite, however Troy podiumed last weekend after a proper off and got a 6th at Windham after crashing there too. I think his performance at VDS was pretty significant and had he not crashed he would've comfortably beat Gwin. In saying that Gwin is quite possibly the fastest guy to ever throw a leg over and would have to be one of the most consistent too. Should be a hell of a race.

Fuck I wish i was a pro DH'er with mad skillz..

ajay

Yeah he is definitely the favourite, however Troy podiumed last weekend after a proper off and got a 6th at Windham after crashing there too. I think his performance at VDS was pretty significant and had he not crashed he would've comfortably beat Gwin. In saying that Gwin is quite possibly the fastest guy to ever throw a leg over and would have to be one of the most consistent too. Should be a hell of a race.

Fuck I wish i was a pro DH'er with mad skillz..
Its bit of a recurring theme though isn't it - you need to stay upright in order to win. No doubt theres a few riders with the pace, but Gwins consistency, combined with his blisteringly fast pace makes him so hard to beat.

My money is in Gwin, but I want Troy to win.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Guys Sam has a signature frame and gold cassette, why are we still betting on other people.

I'm rooting for troy, he deserves it and he's got the skill, but I'd love to see loic take it after this season.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Guys Sam has a signature frame and gold cassette, why are we still betting on other people.

Because Gwin is probably about the fastest rider ever! I'd love to see Hill take it but just don't see it happening this year. Troy could give him a run for his money though.

ajay

Worlds articles starting to trickle in.

Word is it could be greasy:) I'm taking Monday off and getting hammered for this one!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
God damn exam Monday morning and another one in the afternoon and racing on the weekend, gonna be some long nights

Worlds articles starting to trickle in.

Word is it could be greasy:) I'm taking Monday off and getting hammered for this one!
Yep, I forewarned my significant other that Sunday night's going to be a late affair. She's subsequently informed me this morning that she's going to go stay at her brother & sister-in-law's on Sunday night. I'm too elated at the the prospect of the Champs to read into whether her leaving for the night, after 5yrs of us being together, is one of those "having an effect on our relationship" moments. :juggle:

ajay

Yep, I forewarned my significant other that Sunday night's going to be a late affair. She's subsequently informed me this morning that she's going to go stay at her brother & sister-in-law's on Sunday night. I'm too elated at the the prospect of the Champs to read into whether her leaving for the night, after 5yrs of us being together, is one of those "having an effect on our relationship" moments. :juggle:
Definitely something to consider AFT ER the world champs!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Thunderstorms today, rain tomorrow, scattered showers Saturday and a bit of sunshine Sunday. Should be suitably chopped up by the final.

Definitely something to consider AFT ER the world champs!
Yep he is right.

Its Worlds,deal with it later.
I concur.

Boom King's "Thunderstorms today, rain tomorrow, scattered showers Saturday and a bit of sunshine Sunday. Should be suitably chopped up by the final" may be a somewhat prophetic & apt description for how the next few days are going to unfold in my household. Which means all going to plan, in this ideal world, the Champs circus will roll out of town Monday & it'll be back to situation normal... in an ideal world. :behindsofa:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-claudios-course-preview-2015-world-championships-vallnord-2015.html[/video]

10charrr