Derby in Tassi

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What's your plans when you get here?
I'm on a chartered tour, 3 x days shuttling Derby, 1 x Blue Tier/Atlas, 1 Blue Tier/BoF, 1 x Dreaming Pools and 1 x St Helens shuttles.

All shuttles, accommodation and transfers are planned.

All I have to do is get to Launceston with a bike.

jrewing

Eats Squid
It's pretty rough up in the northwest here today. Expecting the odd tree or two down.
I'm on a chartered tour, 3 x days shuttling Derby, 1 x Blue Tier/Atlas, 1 Blue Tier/BoF, 1 x Dreaming Pools and 1 x St Helens shuttles.

What day you fly in I can pick you up? I’m 10 mins away from airport and can drop you to your place.

Edit- if it’s the 12th I’m driving down Maydena so that would be scratched any chance of helping.

ozzybmx

What day you fly in I can pick you up? I’m 10 mins away from airport and can drop you to your place.

Edit- if it’s the 12th I’m driving down Maydena so that would be scratched any chance of helping.
You are a good man ! It is Saturday the 12th :cool:

There is a group of us anyway, I know 2 of the other blokes going and they take us to Scottsdale on the way for food shopping (I think we decide on meals and chip in for it collectively) and beer of course.

Its probably Josh from UDA that's taking us anyway, he did their last one. Mini bus and trailer.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

I think you'll be fine. The only one out of those trails that might give you trouble if we get a heap more rain is Bay of Fires.

ozzybmx

I think you'll be fine. The only one out of those trails that might give you trouble if we get a heap more rain is Bay of Fires.
Not sure what the contingency plan is if trails get closed, I would nearly say for sure that we are locked into the accommodation so its 4 in Derby and 3 in St Helens... dunno if I would like being limited to St Helens for 3 days. Spent 5 there on the last trip and done everything a few times.

Dreaming Pools was a cracking trail, would probably end up doing it a couple of times, if it was wet use the cop out beer shortcut rather than the climb to the top and through all the Rock lobster nonsense.

gfhdggfhd.jpg

Stredda

Not sure what the contingency plan is if trails get closed, I would nearly say for sure that we are locked into the accommodation so its 4 in Derby and 3 in St Helens... dunno if I would like being limited to St Helens for 3 days. Spent 5 there on the last trip and done everything a few times.

Dreaming Pools was a cracking trail, would probably end up doing it a couple of times, if it was wet use the cop out beer shortcut rather than the climb to the top and through all the Rock lobster nonsense.

View attachment 393959
Yeah, that's definitely a more civilised route :p
It's unusual for Derby to get totally closed, but we have been getting some unusual weather and even then, it's pretty tame to what Qld, NSW and Vic have had this year.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
Got back yesterday from a week in Derby. Arrived to a sunny Sat arvo in Launceston but whilst flying in all we could see was LOTS of water everywhere.
Sunday in Derby was cold but sunny and windy and man what a mess. Never seen the Ringarooma and Cascade Rivers so high and they had dropped a lot already.
Monday it rained maybe 10-15mm and the rivers just jumped in volume.
Tues onwards was fine weather and the trails were slowly drying out.
The big landslide has taken out big a section of lower Air Ya Garn, Hazy Days below that and Axehead lower down again. It's going to out for quite some time, not sure how or even if they will try to repair it.
So climbing under your own steam is limited to the shuttle road, at least to where you can access Flickety half way and jump on to Long Shadows.
Otherwise it's shuttles which most people do anyway.
RTS closed. Other top trails open but all have lots of muddy holes.
Only choice back to the carpark is get down to Devil Wolf and return via Howler.
The Cascade River crossing on the access road down from 5 ways was still too high pedal across and the old rock crossing has been washed away.
Sawtooth and Deadly Bugga are good.
Cranky Cousin still shut.
Atlas wet and muddy but still fun.
Krushkas and Trouty OK.
Didn't ride Blur Tier as reports were pretty boggy.
First 13 opened Fri morning and was wet but OK.
St Helens pretty good, Mack 10 closed.

Hopefully the sun continues to shine and you guys heading down get some great riding. The poor trail crews are going to be very busy the next few months!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I honestly get zero enjoyment riding in the rain and mud.
Trashing bike, trashing trails, heightened risk of a crash and soaked muddy everything.

Rain is beer time.
If you hadn't mentioned beer I would have said all the Irish has left you :p

Plus your bike is Scottish so it's designed for such shenanigan's!

ozzybmx

That sucks. We have just had a perfect long weekend weather too.
I can see it's been a good week.

The original dates were the 5th till the 12th of Nov and one of the accommodation places got booked by someone in the couple of days organisational window. It got changed about 2 days after putting my name down.

I turn 50 on the 17th... trip is now 12th-19th. I was already happy about going and the missus was paying for the trip for my birthday. Next thing the trip dates are moved a week forward.

Dreaming pools on my birthday... hope the rain eases off.

Stredda

The original dates were the 5th till the 12th of Nov and one of the accommodation places got booked by someone in the couple of days organisational window. It got changed about 2 days after putting my name down.

I turn 50 on the 17th... trip is now 12th-19th. I was already happy about going and the missus was paying for the trip for my birthday. Next thing the trip dates are moved a week forward.

I'm sure you'll get some good weather within those dates. Happy birthday for the 17th too!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Can we expect a Dreaming Pools photo like the one Wendy snapped of me?