Derby in Tassi

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Was just about to post this video, great look at the trails in Derby, definitely on my to ride list.

Glenn's comments about Australia's first mountain biking town seemed odd, what about Melrose here in SA?Sure the terrain is not as varied as what was shown in the vid but is defiantly different and challenging and you need to spend at least two days to get all the trails done. Recently new accommodation has been built to accommodate for the growing number of visitors as well.

Regardless it is great to have so many trails being built for mountain bikers around the country!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Was just about to post this video, great look at the trails in Derby, definitely on my to ride list.

Glenn's comments about Australia's first mountain biking town seemed odd
Yeah......thats his marketing spiel working, as they built the trails there. There's also Forest, in the Otways, here in Victoria. It a town that pretty much wouldn't exist today without mountain biking.

#hashtag

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Word is (depending on the election outcome) the Welborough/Blue Tier part of the Blue Derby network will be linked up all the way to the East Coast of Tassie. That, would be and truly epic trail.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yeah......thats his marketing spiel working, as they built the trails there. There's also Forest, in the Otways, here in Victoria. It a town that pretty much wouldn't exist today without mountain biking.

#hashtag
Dang marketing, also the comment our trails do 90% of the thinking for you. That gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Word is (depending on the election outcome) the Welborough/Blue Tier part of the Blue Derby network will be linked up all the way to the East Coast of Tassie. That, would be and truly epic trail.
That would very epic!

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Just like all the other promises the current government made last election...

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Glenn's comments about Australia's first mountain biking town seemed odd, what about Melrose here in SA?Sure the terrain is not as varied as what was shown in the vid but is defiantly different and challenging and you need to spend at least two days to get all the trails done. Recently new accommodation has been built to accommodate for the growing number of visitors as well.

Regardless it is great to have so many trails being built for mountain bikers around the country!
I've nothing against Derby and looking at a trip early 17, but Tyler didn't look or sound authentic about the trails, like he was saying what he thought he was supposed to say vs. what he wanted to.

Mr Carlton Dry

Likes Bikes
How does Derby compare to Queenstown? And which would be the best choice since I haven't been to either and am planning a visit real soon to one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
How does Derby compare to Queenstown? And which would be the best choice since I haven't been to either and am planning a visit real soon to one of them.
I've never been to Queenstown, but as good as Derby (and it is awesome) is I don't think there's much of a comparison between the two. Queenstown has hundreds of km of trails outside of the dedicated bike park, and the park is stuffed with Enduro and mega downhill tracks. It's rightfully regarding as one of the greatest MTB destinations on the planet. Most of the Derby network is XC/ trail, there's not much in the way of Enduro/ downhill outside the Black Dragon so if that's your thing then Queenstown would be better. On the other hand though once you add up the costs of going to NZ, then a five day trip to Derby where you can take in Hollybank and Kate Reed which are nearby looks pretty attractive. And the beauty of Derby is that you'll pretty much have the trail to yourself and a few others (which you in all likelihood won't see) plus the trails run through some glorious bush, rather restorative to the soul!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Still can't believe that Derby got the EWS round. They must have someone working overtime on marketing that place.
Looking forward to seeing the big guns race, might even enter myself if plebs are allowed :lol:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading there in October.
Which bike, 2015 Anthem SX or 2016 Norco Range?
First world problems....