Derby in Tassi

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone been there for riding . Is Derby a mecca for trail riding . Sure Ive seen a few vids on the trails AK , flow and Troy , but it is all just best section pump up . I know it gets bloody cold down there and rains allot but would it be a good destination or a lamo GOV " trail " park " for everybody "

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
I was there in October. It was awesome.

Hollybank, Blue derby and Blue Tier decent are all within a few hundred kms of each other. We did them over 3 days. Some of the best riding Ive done.

-Shaun

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Was back there for what must be the 10th time, and it's always a blast. The new "Big Chook" trail is my new favourite.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
believe the hype...

and more trails being built at the moment...

the new blue tiers descent is due for opening within the next couple months and plans for further extensions apparently underway...

another trail company have plans for a big park to start late next year although at the southern end of the state...

tassie soon to be a mtb mecca

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
In a word awesome. Fast, flowy, some techy bits, stunning bush, and a beautiful area. If you are at the downhill end of the spectrum you'll be underwhelmed, otherwise you can't fail to be impressed.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Absolutely fan-bloody-tastic. Old school trails, new flow trails, climbs, descents and everything in between.

Markee

Likes Dirt
New footage footage of the latest trail opened, Big Chook!

[video=vimeo;158941327]https://vimeo.com/158941327[/video]

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Super nice edit, I want to get down and ride it right away!

Rode Derby in November, I'm hanging to get back. So much fun and the place will continue to evolve and grow because they have the right attitude down there.
Did a week long trip including Derby, Hollybank & Meehan Range. You could spend a month down there on your MTB and never get sick of it.

Kramer

FoBR
Did Tas in January. Derby is epic. Must do Atlas and Dambusters - both have sooo much flow and mega huge berms. Depending on how gnar you like it, Black Dragon is fun too.
Also rode Hollybank which was awesome too - so many corners to just roost out of. Try to get shuttles - I rode to the top 3 times and was absolutely smashed (1000+m vert)!

Flow-Rider

Burner
There are rumours that Hans Rey done some filming at Derby, so this will mean there will be a mini doco on the place soon.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Not rumors he was there a couple of weeks back with Tyler McCaul there are a couple of small vids about, hopefully something longer soon.