Derby in Tassi

herbman

Likes Dirt
Heading there in October.
Which bike, 2015 Anthem SX or 2016 Norco Range?
First world problems....

SX would be my pick. Unless you were going to smash out runs on the old school blue tier.

The trails aren't super tech and flow rather well. But holding speed is the key.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
SX would be my pick. Unless you were going to smash out runs on the old school blue tier.

The trails aren't super tech and flow rather well. But holding speed is the key.
I'm pretty much the same on my Anthem as on my Norco Sight, but the Sight is more fun and I can take the A line jumps, so I'd go the Range.

Cant wait to get down there for some riding. Anyone have any tips for accomodation down there? Worth renting a car or are there shuttles available to get to the different areas?

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Cant wait to get down there for some riding. Anyone have any tips for accomodation down there? Worth renting a car or are there shuttles available to get to the different areas?
accommodation is getting tough...places are booking out pretty much every weekend...

thankfully myself being from hobart, camping is an easy enough option and the campsites in derby and surrounding towns are well setup...

buck is defintely the go to guy for shuttles/advice/bike hire...other options are sprouting up but buck is by far the most genuine

binner

Hath shat hymself
buck rogers Skeet and a lil ol pub

booked again , second trip to DERBY in a year. Must be good if we come down from Brissie :dance:

hope to have the Knolly Warden carbon by then for full ride test and review. Still have to do sums...

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty much the same on my Anthem as on my Norco Sight, but the Sight is more fun and I can take the A line jumps, so I'd go the Range.
Thanks guys.
Anthem SX is for sale.
Range is set up for #soenduro with big heavy tires etc...

Guess I'll have to take my new Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt. :D

rstim

Likes Dirt
booked again , second trip to DERBY in a year. Must be good if we come down from Brissie :dance:

hope to have the Knolly Warden carbon by then for full ride test and review. Still have to do sums...
If you need someone to ride with hit me up I live 50mins away always keen for a ride.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

When are you heading down? I am heading down late Oct, early Nov

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Has anyone been there for riding . Is Derby a mecca for trail riding . Sure Ive seen a few vids on the trails AK , flow and Troy , but it is all just best section pump up . I know it gets bloody cold down there and rains allot but would it be a good destination or a lamo GOV " trail " park " for everybody "
Nahh don't bother, it's total shite. You wouldn't like it. Bloody crowded. Over-rated. HUGE snakes everywhere. Drop bears, crazy in-bred locals that steal your shit....bloody awful.
Best to stay on the big island...heaps better riding up there.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nahh don't bother, it's total shite. You wouldn't like it. Bloody crowded. Over-rated. HUGE snakes everywhere. Drop bears, crazy in-bred locals that steal your shit....bloody awful.
Best to stay on the big island...heaps better riding up there.
This.
You also forgot to mention the domesticated Thylacines which are used for small child kidnappings.