Derby in Tassi

PJO

in me vL comy
If any Tassie locals (sorry mainland peeps) are heading to Derby soon highly recommend the pedal up to Krushkas rode it yesterday and it is running so well after the trail crew gave it a major work over.
That trail was un-f'ing-believable today. It was shitty mizzle and wet and slippery everywhere and then we hit the Krushkas decent and it was woosh after woosh. Topped it off with a lap of Dambusters and a FnC at the pub with four beer chaser. What a great day!

PJO

in me vL comy
For those heading up for the holidays next week don't bother with the Snig track, it is an absolute POS. Like pedalling treacle. Normally there is a section through the ferns that is always muddy but it was most of the track. Shame too because Roxanne is still running well. Still, only one small down in a day full of riding magic, no rain today!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah Snig was my only disappointment, being the gateway to Roxanne & Kumma-Gutza.

I'm sure they'll get around to armouring it eventually...

PJO

in me vL comy
Normally it's not as bad as today. I stopped and rinsed my drivetrain three times to stop it grinding, never felt the need to do that before on the Snig track.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@leitch is on his way home, he says it'll be fine...
We had a warning about boating tomorrow and rough seas, they were expecting the KI ferry to be cancelled as there are going to be 10-12m waves hitting Cape du Couedic. That would be an awesome sight.

Maatsuyker Island off the south of Tassie has purple over it at 6am :oops:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
We had a warning about boating tomorrow and rough seas, they were expecting the KI ferry to be cancelled as there are going to be 10-12m waves hitting Cape du Couedic. That would be an awesome sight.

Maatsuyker Island off the south of Tassie has purple over it at 6am :oops:
I'm down in Port Huon, going to try check out some surf some where tommorow.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Crank 'it' Cafe gone. It was my missus go-to coffee stop as they were really friendly.

Sad to hear but the land is probably worth more than fighting the Derby struggle.

Its a nice building too.

teK--

Eats Squid
Crank 'it' Cafe gone. It was my missus go-to coffee stop as they were really friendly.

Sad to hear but the land is probably worth more than fighting the Derby struggle.

Its a nice building too.

View attachment 374400
I have found memories of crank cafe. First trip to Derby I couldn't ride due to an injury, and spent most days there. Great food, vibe, and service. All the best!