Deore 12 speed

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Was on Pinkbike this morning too - I'm interested by the 10 and 11 speed refresh for low end (kids bike) builds.

Looks like Alvio gets some love as well.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/shimano-alivio-m3100-groupset-2020/
It’s only a clutch that stops alivio being perfectly good for us... I think I’ll have to put the GX/Guide group on the for sale listings and get some Deore. Maybe slx rear mech and an XT shifter jsut for the multi up shift....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Looks quite good. The trickle of the goodness from upper Shimano groups to the workhorse models has always been a good thing.
Shimano generally works damn well.

Wonder how well product managers will be serenaded by Sram to keep their drivetrains in spec instead of Shimano.
I bet it Sram hold them hostage and use that to push other Sram goodies over the competition.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
shimano do an i-spec dropper lever too which looks pretty neat.

XT shifter and rear mech, Deore everything else.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The rear derailleur on the Cannondale copped a flogging when it was on the Muru, shifting is average. Wonder if I can convert the Bronson rear hub and go 1x12 and move the XTR derailleur to the hardtail? Googling...

Scotty675

Cable thief
shimano do an i-spec dropper lever too which looks pretty neat.

XT shifter and rear mech, Deore everything else.
There dropper levers are good. They work better than my brain remembering the dropper is there. They have good adjustment as well.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will also add that I wonder if the new 11-51t cassette will work with the older shifter and derailleur.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Will also add that I wonder if the new 11-51t cassette will work with the older shifter and derailleur.
I have 11 speed SLX with an 11-50 Sunrace cassette. It works, but isn't ideal. It really needs a Goat Link or similar.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Unpopular opinion - I just don't see the point of 12 speed drivetrains if all they give is a 10t. Even 10 speed comes with a 42t.
It's not the only thing.
Using a full Shimano drivetrain (chainring, chain, rear derailleur, and cassette) utilises Shimano's new hyperglide+ technology which allows smooth shifting under load.