"definitely" not marketing to moto riders

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Not to mention the weird air intake-style detailing at the headtube junction.

I will say though, there's a nice visual play off between the rounded Fox 38 arch and the rear seat stay brace.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
For additional water proofing - absorbent foam is always the best for this use.
Moto foam is open cell and doesn't absorb water. DH’ers use it when tracks are muddy to keep mud out of nooks and crannies. Odd to see it on a production bike, did an engineer stuff up a measurement and then shouted ‘fill it with foam!’

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Moto foam is open cell and doesn't absorb water. DH’ers use it when tracks are muddy to keep mud out of nooks and crannies. Odd to see it on a production bike, did an engineer stuff up a measurement and then shouted ‘fill it with foam!’
Can't wait for the after market Selleys Space Invader application

Minlak

custom titis
The engineer didn't stuff up - They created a whole new motor and the Industry went well we want it to mount on our old frames so we don't have to make new bikes - so in with the filler - honestly they could have 3d printed some plastic covers or anything

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
The engineer didn't stuff up - They created a whole new motor and the Industry went well we want it to mount on our old frames so we don't have to make new bikes - so in with the filler - honestly they could have 3d printed some plastic covers or anything
This. Why not this. Foam looks cheap and tacky.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
It doesn't absorb water, but is excellent at holding dirt, small rocks, grass and other debris. You would normally throw it out after a really muddy ride.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I've got the 8000 spec of this. Great bike, I like it better than my 2019 Commencal Meta tbh.

You've all got me a bit worried about the moto foam, but It doesn't really seem to be holding much dirt or anything after washes.