Decent value mid range DH hubs?

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So apparently my old wheelset is poo? So I need new rims n hubs.

Hubs, I dunno, I can't afford CK, hadleys, or anything else fully top shelf, but something mid range would be ok. Thinking Hope 2 Pro would be good again, but I really don't want them.

150x12 rear, 20mm front..

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Tomas

my mum says im cool
What's wrong with Pro2's? Easily servicable, reliable, light, competitive price, easily available spares. Noise as fuck, but thats about the only negative (if it's not your thing).

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The noise annoyed me to tear last time I had them (think I've had about 4 sets). That's the other reason, I just want something different.

Anyone know much about the Nuke Proof hubs?

About $100 cheaper over a set, slightly heavier than Hopes. But they have more paws and engagement...

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The noise annoyed me to tear last time I had them (think I've had about 4 sets). That's the other reason, I just want something different.

Anyone know much about the Nuke Proof hubs?

About $100 cheaper over a set, slightly heavier than Hopes. But they have more paws and engagement...
wertmewert on these forums has nuke proof hubs, he seems to love them, id say try it out if you want something different from a hope pro 2... don't see why though noise is a minor thing with such a nice hub for the price but from what ive heard the nuke proof's are mint.

0psi

Eats Squid
Da bomb Headspins don't do too badly. A bit porky but cheap and reliable. If you are after something a bit more upmarket have you considered American Classic? Only really an option for lighter or smoother riders as they are crazy light and you can get them for a reasonable price if you shop around, can't comment on reliability though.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So apparently my old wheelset is poo? So I need new rims n hubs.

Hubs, I dunno, I can't afford CK, hadleys, or anything else fully top shelf, but something mid range would be ok. Thinking Hope 2 Pro would be good again, but I really don't want them.

150x12 rear, 20mm front..

Any suggestions?
If you dont want to spend on Hadleys or CK`S really hopes are the next bet . I wouldn`t look at anything else .
4 set , what do you do eat them ?

hypo

Likes Dirt
if you dont like the noise pull the freehub out and put some grease in there thats what I done to mine and they are nice and quite. And I have never had an engagement problem with the grease.

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just don't want Hope's again.

I think I've had like 4 sets now, so I'm abit over them, just want to try something else.

stacky

Likes Bikes
The DT Swiss 440's are a nice quiet hub compared to Pro II's and good quality too. Not sure if they're mid-range though, about $600 for the pair from memory.

BKelly

teh fast
Check out Atomlab pimplite hubs!

They are much lighter than most more expensive hubs, look great and are reasonably cheap too!

I now have them on my DJ and DH bike and they are sick!