Da Bomb CR8

Blanc

Squid
I walked into Pushi about 10 months ago and i saw this bike sitting there for $650, and i thought it looked like a pretty good deal. It was owned by one of the staff and was only a couple of months old. (The bike was exactly the same as it is now except it had DMR Sidekick rigid forks, v8 pedals, odi lock ons and some REALLY crappy chain) So i went back a couple of days later and bought it.

After having this frame for a while, i would never buy da bomb again. The front end is REALLY short. With 24s i am only able to barspin and xup because when i x up or pinch my seat, my legs push back on my pedals which angles the pedals backwards, giving the tire slightly more clearance. But the tire still only clears my foot by about a cm. With 26s it would be impossible to x up. Also because i run 41 - 18 gearing the chain grinds against the seat stays, which is a pain in the ass because i cant run a tight chain. I know all i have to do is run a 36 sprocket with a 13t freewheel but i dont have the cash for a new sprocket or a freewheel. To top it all off the welds between the seatstays and the seat tube have cracked.

But apart from those complaints everything else on the bike is awesome. And the frame rides pretty well considering.

Frame: 03 / 04 Da Bomb CR8 BMX BB Horizontal Dropouts with adjustable disc mount.
Fork: 02 Marzocchi DJ2 100mm (I like old forks)
Brake: Diatech Anchor - Right hand Lever
Cranks: AC BMX BB 170mm
Sprocket: FSA 41t
Rims: 24" Sun Double Tracks
Front Hub: Deore Disc
Rear Hub: DMR Revolver SS
Tires: DMR Moto
Pedals: DK Iron Cross
Seat Post: Kalloy
Seat: 24 Seven
Stem: Da Bomb Moto - 50mm - 0 rise
Bars: Azonic - 2.5" rise
Grips: Federal Team
Headset: Cane Creek

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/Blanc777/IMG_1316.jpg

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
i always liked those cr8s, i wanted one, untill i found out about the issues with the wheel cliping ye 'ol toes.. so i was forced to get the other cr8 version.

and to people who dont know thats a CR8BMX (i think thats the name?) similiar to the one reveiwed on farkin a while back., not a normal cr8..

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
typically, i can't stand da bomb stuff —*i think it's overpriced and ill-considered, as you've apparently found out — but your bike looks great. (i'm a bit of a sucker for white frames.)

nice work!