Custom Purple Demo 8 2011. Freeride build. NS components. Boom.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished my new big bike, all ready for Whistgnar in a few weeks. Feels nice and short in the cockpit, and lively off the lips.

Big props to Rhythm Imports for bringing in such sexy parts, and to Paully DeeShreds for awesomeness in spray painting.

Frame:Specialized Demo 8 2011
Fork: Fox 36 RC2, 180mm, Kashima
Shock: Fox RC4, Kashima
Handlebars: NS Evidence
Rims: NS
Hubs: NS/Hope
Stem: NS
Pedals: NS
Cranks, Brakes, Drive: Shimano Saint
Seat: Octane One
Tyres: Schwalbe Big Betty

Weight ~17kg

009.jpg043.jpg021.jpg023.jpg032.jpg038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg041.jpg042.jpg051.jpg

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really nice build, how long have you been running those rims for? Dubious as to how they'll hold up for dh.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really nice build, how long have you been running those rims for? Dubious as to how they'll hold up for dh.
Been running them on my slopestyle bike for about 6 months, and they're still dead straight. And that bike cops a heap of abuse.

But running low pressure through a heap of sharp corners might not do them a world of good ;-)

Great job mate, does the fork crown hit the downtube?
The preload knob hits when the bars get to just under 90 degress. Another few mm of spacing somewhere and I'd be able to spin the bars. But happy with where it is for now.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to put smaller forks on a Demo 8? Is it a weight saving thing?

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to put smaller forks on a Demo 8? Is it a weight saving thing?
I'm thinking about doing it on my v10 and would like to hear how it feels when riding