• No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Go back to south Australia

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Your preference differs?
Capitalism: an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

It's a lack of state control that put us where we are. Only the state, that makes the laws for the private owners, can make capitalism fair. Most of our laws are made to favour profit over equity, and allow the rich to exploit the less rich.

Maybe there is a system of capitalism that works, but it's not the one we're running now.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Capitalism: an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

It's a lack of state control that put us where we are. Only the state, that makes the laws for the private owners, can make capitalism fair. Most of our laws are made to favour profit over equity, and allow the rich to exploit the less rich.

Maybe there is a system of capitalism that works, but it's not the one we're running now.
There is no utopian solution to that problem with current societal and technology constraints. Its assumed that Free, sustainable and clean energy would solve quite a lot of these societal ills, though short of aliens showing us how its done, were a long way away from that. Participate in the game till then i reckon, you don't want to be the guy who misses the chair when the music stops

Scotty T

Walks the walk
There is no utopian solution to that problem with current societal attitudes
FIFY. There are limits to growth, aliens aren't coming. But you're alright Jack so make hay while the planet cooks. You would be correct in assuming I am no longer fun at parties.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I dunno, you were amusing at the Rotorburn Christmas bash..
That was 100% the company. I mean those parties where not everyone is a cool person that lives in the same echo chamber as you, the politics discussion was completely benign, we alll pretty much agreed on everything. Or did we all just agree with @johnny on everything for our own safety? :D