Votes: 8 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Go back to south Australia

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Anyone looking to get into the mining business, there is a mining rig going cheap on FB

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
All for a prize that is designed to attract failed hackers for a manufactured pointless reason... to generate interest in a dodgy currency... while stuffing the environment. Must be OK.

teK--

Eats Squid
Anyone looking to get into the mining business, there is a mining rig going cheap on FB

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Wouldn't even say that's cheap. It looks like a home built rig with a bunch of graphics cards?

For that money you can by ASIC mining rigs which are specifically designed to just mine crypto.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Now they just need to seize the dirtbags and put them behind bars...

Won't happen though..

teK--

Eats Squid
The what’s in the what now?
This is analogous to... rather than ask for a cash drop at some random location to a third party, they asked for the money to be put into their own bank account which was registered under a real name.

moorey

call me Mia
This is analogous to... rather than ask for a cash drop at some random location to a third party, they asked for the money to be put into their own bank account which was registered under a real name.
This is a ring toss game.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I think it just goes to show that crypto is really no more secure or anonymous than good old fashioned cash. Even with a few extra layers of precaution they’d have still been caught. The analysis of meta-data is just too good these days.

Besides, everyone knows that any decent crook worth their salt gets paid in krugerrands.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
“Thank you. Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.

"But we have also," continued the management consultant, "run into a small inflation problem on account of the high level of leaf availability, which means that, I gather, the current going rate has something like three deciduous forests buying one ship's peanut."

"So in order to obviate this problem," he continued, "and effectively revalue the leaf, we are about to embark on a massive defoliation campaign, and...er, burn down all the forests. I think you'll all agree that's a sensible move under the circumstances.”

teK--

Eats Squid
I think it just goes to show that crypto is really no more secure or anonymous than good old fashioned cash. Even with a few extra layers of precaution they’d have still been caught. The analysis of meta-data is just too good these days.

Besides, everyone knows that any decent crook worth their salt gets paid in krugerrands.
One article said the FBI obtained via an undisclosed method, the private keys to the wallet. Presumably the crims stored it somewhere on a computer or online wallet which was compromised by the FBI using spyware or a 0day. A hardware wallet would have gotten around this.