Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Go back to south Australia

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Squidfayce

Trigger happy
So beyond all my better judgement, I did buy more luna when it bottomed out so I could trade the swings to get my original loss back. Worked out well.

I've made my 200 back, as well as the additional 10 I put in to make back the 200. I am now holding g about 300k units of luna with zero loss. While this is happening..

So anything that happens from here is pure gravy. Given it was a top 10 coin there is always the fantasy that it go up again. Even if it goes to $1 at this point it would be a laugh, given its high of over $100. I guess now I just wait for moon, right?

Flow-Rider

Burner
So beyond all my better judgement, I did buy more luna when it bottomed out so I could trade the swings to get my original loss back. Worked out well.

I've made my 200 back, as well as the additional 10 I put in to make back the 200. I am now holding g about 300k units of luna with zero loss. While this is happening..

View attachment 389431

So anything that happens from here is pure gravy. Given it was a top 10 coin there is always the fantasy that it go up again. Even if it goes to $1 at this point it would be a laugh, given its high of over $100. I guess now I just wait for moon, right?
I had a look yesterday, and they said there was a holt trade on it, might get in and buy some myself. ;)

Scotty T

2.6 inches
I read a great summary of crypto today.

Today, Premier League footballers buy jewel encrusted smartwatches that unlock their supercars. They cost more than the vehicles. Idiots are selling jpegs to each other for enough money to feed the odd starving city. They say it makes sense because they’re using imaginary money generated by computers doing pointless maths puzzles in an energy and resource crisis.

Squidfayce

Trigger happy
Environmentalist credentials of the author aside, participating specifically in this market doesn't have to involve a wanton disregard for the environment or energy crisis. Many large scale miners are actually moving or have moved to green energy to offset their increasing energy costs.

I participated without adding to the environmental impact at all. Before you tell me that by me or anyone else participating in it at any level i/we are contributing, I'd ask you to think about all the things you participate in that actually add to your carbon foot print directly. Car, food, heating, cooling, travel, having kids (the single largest shit thing you can do for the environment BTW) etc. I jumped on my phone and pressed a few buttons. I doubt anymore than a few joules of energy was expended doing so, less than writing this reply anyway.

As a whole i somewhat understand that some amount of energy is being expended on this that wasn't before, and without it there would be an overall less impact "somewhat", but in the grand scheme of things if it wasn't this, it would be something else. IMO there's no point decrying something like this in a capitalist society - it falls on deaf ears. Might as well make some money to spend on our carbon footprint while were going to hell.

Squidfayce

Trigger happy
^ think you might have missed the point a bit.
i dont think i did. but if you mean the NYtimes article, no i posted it as a reasonable view from both ends of the spectrum. The point being the goal is to move away from causing as much of an environmental impact as possible while making money. You know, like all other industry is/should be doing.

Tell me again that this system isn’t nuttier than a bluetit’s breakfast. Tell me the dyke of unreality isn’t rumbling. That a crisis is not building to inevitability.
I'm just not there.

Last edited: