Crap, I think I need a Spitty

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I need to build up a spare bike to leave in Germany.

I have the following parts I'm going to strip off my offroad tandem:
- Syntace W35 26" wheels;
- Manitou Nixon 150mm fork with 20mm thru axle;
- 10 speed XTR groupset;
- Formula RX brakeset;

What I need is a 26" compatible frame to put this all on. The frame needs to be an efficient pedaler as I'm about 30km from the Alps, the best bits are not accessible by train, so it's a ride out and a ride back. However, Austria's Salzburgerland / Leogang is only a short trip on the train away, so a day on the chairlift every now and then is also possible.

I'm thinking something with around 140mm travel will be almost ideal for riding to/in the Alps.

Does this mean I need a Spitty? Anything else I should maybe look for? Second hand or new?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Liteville 301 can be run as a 26 or 27.5. You should be able to pick one up secondhand in that part of the world or wait a bit and you might be able to pick up a mk14 on runout.

The travel can be reduced from 160mm to 140mm by replacing the linkage plates. They are very light for an alu frame and the build quality is what you would expect from ze germans. There are also lots of nifty design features like the integrated chainguide.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You clowns! The chain will rust up between uses (unless left in storage with a generous coating of WD-40!). What @SummitFever needs is a German bike ran by a belt! Does @Zaf have any suggestions?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
How could I have forgotten about the Liteville!

That's a very cool reason to need a new frame.
Very much in the category of "first world problems".

...What @SummitFever needs is a German bike ran by a belt!...
I think getting a Spitty would be more than enough kool-aid for one lifetime...

Perhaps Banshee will make a spitty with gearbox, belt drive, 58 degree head angle, 780mm reach with a negative 80mm stem built for 120cm bars.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
South of Munich. Bavarian countryside, views of the Alps, truckloads of forest. It's like god's own country (at least outside of winter time). Probably my third most favourite part of the planet (the Aussie coast and outback take spots 1 and 2 for me).

Basically, this sort of stuff:

It is a type of excruciating torture to be faced with this on a daily basis and have no bike. I am not going back without a bike...

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks spectacular. I reside in the Czech Republic and fly home to Melbourne for work.

I am very close to the German border and get out to bike parks in both Czech and Germany.

The two I frequent the most are:

- Klinovice (Czech)
https://trailpark.cz

- bikewelt schöneck (Germany)
https://www.bikewelt-schoeneck.de

Both are about 45mins from where we live.

The German park is manicured, feature filled bliss.
The Czech one has some ridiculously long runs.

We should hook up for an off-road adventure some time, I miss Aussie company.

South of Munich. Bavarian countryside, views of the Alps, truckloads of forest. It's like god's own country (at least outside of winter time). Probably my third most favourite part of the planet (the Aussie coast and outback take spots 1 and 2 for me).

Basically, this sort of stuff:

It is a type of excruciating torture to be faced with this on a daily basis and have no bike. I am not going back without a bike...
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...We should hook up for an off-road adventure some time, I miss Aussie company...
Bloody oath we should! I'm still having trouble getting my head around how small Europe is. Haven't been to the Czech Republic yet but it's definitely on the to-do list.

What's the riding like in winter time? Impossible? Have never been there in winter, but that's all about to change...