Crankworx Rotorua/Rotorua EWS Who's going

mint355

Likes Dirt
Hey guys who out there in Rotorburn land is crossing the ditch for Crankworx/EWS? ZAF and I have registered for the EWS…..flights booked 20/3-31/3 getting keen!!!

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
How are you getting from Auckland frank_n? Thoughts of going around this time for riding mainly. Flights to rotorua are more expensive and take alot longer from where I am in QLD. If a bus or something you can jump on would be awesome.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can catch a bus out there, but it will depend on when your flight gets in. We fly qantas and they get in close to midnight nz time, so need to stay the night somewhere. We always have a group and hire a long wheel base hi ace

frank_n

Likes Dirt
NZD 80/d for HiAce van - fit. Few bikes
NZD 45/d for mid size wagon
NZD 40/d for standard wagon
NZD 64/d for X-trail.
Bus advert says no bikes, luggage only

mint355

Likes Dirt
I got a Hi ace for 10 days $69 per day we get into Auckland at midnight and will be leaving Auckland 21/3 in the morning.

Last edited:
If you're flying into AKL don't be afraid to look into Happy Campers either (they will pick you up from the airport too). Have used them a couple of times. Diesel high top Hi-Ace camper for 10 days with unlimited kms only cost me $800NZD (plus $68 in diesel rebate tax). Top 10 Caravan Park (equiv of our Big4- but heaps better) in Roto is nice & central to everything & charge $36NZD per night for a powered site- amazing amenities & a hot mineral pool to soak the muscles in after every ride. 20min ride or 8min drive to Whakarawerawa. You're also then a free agent to see, ride & do whatever you like- you can free-camp almost anywhere in NZ, so long as you've got a portable toilet (legal requirement in NZ if free-camping) which was only an extra $15NZD & is available with your vehicle hire from Happy Camper.

frank_n

Likes Dirt
XYGTHO - are you taking a bike or hiring one there? I've rented a station wagon but there is two of us so already full of bike stuff. Perhaps one of the groups here that have rented something bigger could assist.
It's a bugger on flight costs, I also thought about flying direct to RR but it puts the cost up. One way car hire is also expensive as it appears you need to hire vehicle for min 4d and then charge an extra NZD 250 delivery fee.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
cheers frank_n. All good not definite yet still have to get a passport. If I do go it will be with a mate and will be taking our bikes!

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Company rices I was quoting was James Blond. One way car hire is possible with "Rent-a-Dent" and one other company but I've forgot its name. they both have offices in Rotorua. .