Cracked bike insurance?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’ve got all my bike listed individually with a dollar value - both the roadie as a portable and all the rest as just insured for being pinched from the shed.

I have the Mongoose especially over insured. Haven’t ridden it in a couple of years I think, but it’s still the one I’d be most upset to lose!
That the hassle I dont want to be having, calling and changing stuff. With an ever transforming garage of bikes I know they are all insured.

Couldn't even tell you how many are down there in the 'bikevault'... could probably work it out off the top of my head, with a pencil and paper :)

The other good thing about getting a blanket accidental damage (by justifying the extra cost for your bikes) is that it everything else you own is covered.

I am on the side of the Adelaide hills in a high risk bushfire zone, so losing the whole house and contents is possibility.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
im torn. I have done exceptionally well in curating a various suite of insurances to pay the least premium for max coverage of the things i care about. My bike is effectively covered for theft from the home, which is the most likley scenario. However all this talk on accidental damage has given me something to think about and I hate you all for that.

moorey

call me Mia
That the hassle I dont want to be having, calling and changing stuff. With an ever changing transforming garage of bikes I know they are all insured.
At least with mine, I don’t need to itemise bikes, just have evidence that I owned them.

safreek

At least with mine, I don’t need to itemise bikes, just have evidence that I owned them.
Yeah, I guess they think the cost of replacing old oranges is not much dollars at all. Good luck on getting crack insurance on them though, they would think you are on it ;)

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, I guess they think the cost of replacing old oranges is not much dollars at all. Good luck on getting crack insurance on them though, they would think you are on it ;)
Perfect crack free record for 19 years and 18 bikes.
Every other brand, not so much.

Also, lol, Yeti owner.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
im torn. I have done exceptionally well in curating a various suite of insurances to pay the least premium for max coverage of the things i care about. My bike is effectively covered for theft from the home, which is the most likley scenario. However all this talk on accidental damage has given me something to think about and I hate you all for that.
Doooeeiit.

Had a Wolfhound take me out at 40kmh. Put me in hospital for the night and wrote off my $6k Orbea Orca. The excess has risen significantly since, the Procalier has $1k excess, but back then for $100 I scored a brand new Fondriest R10