Private Property Cows. New track put in, its our little A line. 10 table tops in a row!

Scott101

Likes Dirt
Bob cat

Hey all

A Bob Cat arrived today so the weekend will be full of shifting dirt.

Hopefully with some good results.

I will post some photos of the progress

Scott

Scott101

Likes Dirt
Jump Track

Just been building a 2nd track.

Just some easy drops, some table tops and and the odd creek gap!!

Attachments

cluster

Likes Dirt
nice work... you should probably pad that fence in case someone feels the need to bail out of hitting it at the last second...
...or not.
bit of encouragement to make sure you do it properly, hey? ;)

Scott101

Likes Dirt
nice work... you should probably pad that fence in case someone feels the need to bail out of hitting it at the last second...
...or not.
bit of encouragement to make sure you do it properly, hey? ;)

We are going to build the up the fence jump so is higher than the fence.
There as been too many close calls already.

Scott101

Likes Dirt
Cows

Both tracks are 99% complete and can be ridden top to bottom.

Its been a lot of hard work but having a few mates over for a bit of a ride day in a few weeks.

Here is a few crappy photos and a small poorly edited video.

I will post some better quality photos and videos of the whole 2 tracks in a few weeks

Cheers

Scott

http://www.vimeo.com/23107280

So we built the fence jump up for my friend Robo so he can clear the fence and as you can see he is still having trouble doing so!!!

Some helmet camera footage
http://www.vimeo.com/23107406

Attachments

Last edited:

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Can I suggest. Next time you have the bobcat, dig the landings into the ground a bit, so you keep speed and land smoother.
Dont forget drainage!

Scott101

Likes Dirt
Advice

Thanks for the advice..

I thought about drainage after the bobcat was gone. and cutting in down ramps is a good idea.

We need a excavator to finish off some drainage at below the dam and to build the 3 track. I think we will hire one of those ones on a trailer. Unless anyone in the Macedon Rangers wants to lend us one. We have a qualified operator.

oops just gave away area of the track.

Cheers

Scott

Last edited:

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Yeah, by the looks of things, you need to make some landings. (common sense really)

Make them of a decent size too, so that the pinned kids can well, pin it, whilst you can still ride down without having to cough up your guts.
a combination of building it up from the ground, as well as digging in.

Also note, it's better to take your time and get it right, rather than rush it and it not be its best.

Scott101

Likes Dirt
landings

The problem we have is all the jumps have landings suited to my riding. How ever dom is much faster and flat lands everything . We have started building 2 jumps beside each other to cater for this .

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha, pretty unexpected!

Do you still use the Jackaroo? or is it a wreck?

Did the the last guy over the car crash. It sounded like it, and there was the usual sympathetic laughter and photos.
Just a quick tip though, dogs and bikes are usually not a good mx.

Scott101

Likes Dirt
Ha, pretty unexpected!

Do you still use the Jackaroo? or is it a wreck?

Did the the last guy over the car crash. It sounded like it, and there was the usual sympathetic laughter and photos.
Just a quick tip though, dogs and bikes are usually not a good mx.

The jackaroo is a wreak.. It was going to scrap metal but found a good use for it.

That was me, I crashed but it was at slowish speeds. My other crash can be found at 1.01 If you view at full screen in a higher quality.. I hit a tree head on after doing a dodgy jump over the fence.

I will upload the other videos we I can.

Your Tip of Dogs and Bikes is correct. She got in the way a few too many times!!

Attachments