covid prices were weird: what are things worth now?

clockworked

Like an orange
Second hand pricing is whack. Especially on the other online platforms.
I was wondering what the replacement cost would be to swap my forks for something new, but I'm not sure where things are now.

I thought a feedback thread could be useful. Obviously really "funny" members will post joke answers, so lets collectively overlook them...

I'll start- what are my 2021 29er 140mm pike selects worth? Good condition, no scratches, recently serviced by a proper suspension shop.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
This may be of some use but FWIW I generally price anything I'm going to sell as follows - 50% of what I paid for it new (if I did buy it new) then add a little extra depending on condition and desirability. Example I have a set of 2019 36 Factory Grip 2s I was considering selling that'd probably be pretty popular - except even though they're in immaculate condition (and recently serviced) they're both non-boost and 650b. So I reckon I'd get between $800-900 maybe. Maybe.

Given yours are 29er and would be a great upgrade for a lot of people perhaps around $700-800 if they're in good condition? Possibly more if there's limited visible wear (although I think you can pick up a new set for around $1200).

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From the early days of Farkin.net the general rule of thumb was something like:

-25% as soon as you wheel it out of the shop
-10% of remaining value per year of ownership.
+ or - for upgraded parts, or damage the new owner is stuck dealing with.
Oem parts always went for much less than the same stuff purchased aftermarket

People were much more fair with used prices!
Some not (chops)

safreek

With the way the economy is going at the moment I suggest people ask more(generally) than people wish to pay. Retro only is my liking though, lots of trippers that should of sold last year

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Depends. Generally I see a lot of 100mm forks go cheap, presumably because folks want not travel. Same with 140mm forks. Pikes might be an upgrade that folks would want though, people who are on lower end recons or 35s. I think the sweet spot is something like a 160mm fork at about pike level. Not many of those going around and the ones that do get listed want kidney money.

In the non boost era I bought 160mm pikes for $300. Cleared out the revs that were the older 32mm stations for $250 during rona. Yeah rona pricing is stuffed but with rate rises and all that I've noticed MTB and MTB parts going for cheaper and cheaper. I'll put some numbers down, gonna say list for $600 sell for $400?

Problem with forks as well is people don't trust the servicing and will rather buy one in need of a service cheaper than one that has just been serviced and trust the seller!