COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I don't get the flu jab because it makes me I'll, had it 4 times in 20yrs and havent had it now for about 4-5 years now. Same with the corona jab, got my required double dose, was a bit low on the first and was I'll for a couple of weeks on the second.

Done with jabs until Covid-24 ;)

Even my place that usually has a good turn out of flu jabbers, was down on participants this year.
Everyone is all jabbed out maybe. See how the winter plays out.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Everyone is all jabbed out maybe. See how the winter plays out.
Yeah true. The forcing of people to get vaxed, reflected in changed company policy, the threat of losing your job and the inability to travel or get into places has maybe got people thinking they were a covid pin cushion, now rebelling with a fck you flu jab :)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I thought I may have had this new flu. Nope turns out my number had finally come up for the rona.
Literally the worst thing I’ve ever had.
Came home with a high fever on Monday, After a few rounds of RATs being negative, I had a positive one on Wednesday afternoon.
Then we tested the kids… all positive. Wife too.
We think youngest is patient zero as her kindergarten class has had multiple kids down.
She had slight symptoms over weekend and test result showed the faintest lines.
Wife nothing much but has lost sense of taste.
I feel like I’ve been slammed with shortness of breath and heavy waves of fatigue. Then every so often will feel great like everything is on the way up and then down I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Sore throat for the first 2 days which was mild and then a severe chest infection. Thought I had covid at first but done two RATs and they were clear.
Did your throat feel like you were swallowing shards of glass? That was my experience on Tuesday post the first night of fever. A lot of difficulty swallowing even when sipping water.
We had some of those mouth swab Rats that showed NEG. The last one I did was a nasal swab and result was almost instant POS.

teK--

Eats Squid
Did your throat feel like you were swallowing shards of glass? That was my experience on Tuesday post the first night of fever. A lot of difficulty swallowing even when sipping water.
We had some of those mouth swab Rats that showed NEG. The last one I did was a nasal swab and result was almost instant POS.

Something like that.

The first morning I woke up with it my throat felt it was on fire even without swallowing.

Flow-Rider

Burner

My throat wasn't that bad, just a bit of a dry burn, but had some bad sinuses with it also. I tried two different Rats but that's not to say they can't be faulty.

ausdb

Being who he is
My throat wasn't that bad, just a bit of a dry burn, but had some bad sinuses with it also. I tried two different Rats but that's not to say they can't be faulty.
There's been Novid running through our house the last week or two and even typhoid Mary (miss 7) succumbed to it this time. Wifey has been hit the worst and has been RATting regularly, as she is in constant contact with randoms with her job. We've noticed on some of the older tests kits that the reagent in the vial seems to have evaporated over time.
Luckily the kids school has about three squillion of them and is happy to hand out a box of five if you walk within sight of the office.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There's been Novid running through our house the last week or two and even typhoid Mary (miss 7) succumbed to it this time. Wifey has been hit the worst and has been RATting regularly, as she is in constant contact with randoms with her job. We've noticed on some of the older tests kits that the reagent in the vial seems to have evaporated over time.
Luckily the kids school has about three squillion of them and is happy to hand out a box of five if you walk within sight of the office.
I did another test this morning and it still came up negative, I might duck up to the chemist later on the day and buy some fresh kits.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What's the point? The government doesn't care anymore, you don't have to isolate or lockdown unless you want to, I doubt many employers are offering a special leave for covid victims, and the WHO recently declared it over. As with any communicable illness as long as you do the right thing by everyone and stay home etc while you're unwell, does it really matter if you have covid, eye warts, or throat measles?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
What's the point? The government doesn't care anymore, you don't have to isolate or lockdown unless you want to, I doubt many employers are offering a special leave for covid victims, and the WHO recently declared it over. As with any communicable illness as long as you do the right thing by everyone and stay home etc while you're unwell, does it really matter if you have covid, eye warts, or throat measles?
1685165228717.jpeg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Some employers still have protocols in place and while I give zero fucks about covid. My missus works with dementia patients and they can do without it.

My employer still gives a full shift round off if I get it... out of my sicky total mind you ;) no longer special leave, which means I didn't have it.