COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The same people that do the right thing now will continue to do so - the rest already are not!!!
Indeed. My state is currently discussing dropping the mask mandate on public transport. My recent experience I had to ask if I needed one because there were none in sight and no signage to be seen. Of course once I asked there was signs everywhere and announcements!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It’s 5 days iso at present in the ACT, but I was still pretty crook and not up to travelling… Ended up 7 days in the hotel before I was up to travelling home…

4 days without leaving the room was pretty surreal and I was pretty crook so not really bored. I can’t not imagine how mental you’d be after 14 days quarantine when not sick …

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Anyone got back into exercising straight away, or is it generally better to leave it for awhile? I’m still pretty tired (still not sleeping properly of course… stupid insomniac..), but wondering if I should push through it or give it a couple of weeks.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone got back into exercising straight away, or is it generally better to leave it for awhile? I’m still pretty tired (still not sleeping properly of course… stupid insomniac..), but wondering if I should push through it or give it a couple of weeks.
I was doing a little bit before and during it as I didnt know I had it yet, when I found out, all iso I was on Zwift every day.

The first time I had it I was running at 80% for a week.

This time it was a mild cold.

Red box was a scratchy throat on Monday (and managed the Wringer) cold symptoms Tue/Wed, Thursday I was feeling better. Tested positive Thursday.

ffggfsdgd.jpg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
On the first 2 forays on the bike after I had covid I had extremely tired and sore legs after the first ride (15-20min pedal with minimal hills), and second ride legs were fine but was pretty short of breath (again this was on the same 20min loop).

Those rides were a day and about a week after getting out of covid jail respectively.

Third ride 2-3 weeks later was 10-11kms with 237m elevation. And I felt fine after that ride.

I also hadn't ridden for approximately 3months previous to covid

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It’s 5 days iso at present in the ACT, but I was still pretty crook and not up to travelling… Ended up 7 days in the hotel before I was up to travelling home…

4 days without leaving the room was pretty surreal and I was pretty crook so not really bored. I can’t not imagine how mental you’d be after 14 days quarantine when not sick …
I did 14 without being sick. It was boring but I didn't suffer any adverse effects. I likewise did 7 and again was just bored.

I don't think everyone has the same result though and some have really suffered.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I did 14 without being sick. It was boring but I didn't suffer any adverse effects. I likewise did 7 and again was just bored.

I don't think everyone has the same result though and some have really suffered.
I’m not sure if I’d suffer as such, it was just a bit surreal. Sense of reality (tenuous enough as it is…) got a little warped and things got a bit weird…

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Do you use a HR monitor? I haven't had covid, so can only speak from seeing the effects on friends. The effects are massively variable, and best seen on a case by case scenario. Using HR variability is the safest bet.

We still don't know the long term effects, but keeping HR in zone 2 seems to be the current best practice, until HRV tells you it is OK to start pushing it, and chasing those kom's.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Haakon You need to go hard and sweat out the virus. If you start to feel chest pains then that is the vaccine kicking in ha ha.

I was stuck at home when I had covid l. I did a lot of stretching and a bit of weights in the garage due to being stuck at home. Mine was super mild so I think I could have exercised as normal if I could have left the house.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I was back on the bike on my first day out of iso, but I felt pretty knackered later that day, and for a few days after. Took maybe ten days or so to fully get over the lingering fatigue effect.

I had a bit of a mini-breakdown on the 5th day of iso, so under cover of darkness nicked out & went for a walk for about two hours, which helped hit the reset button & clear the head a bit. Although I'm generally a solitary beast, I don't like confinement, and that coupled with a bit of resentment at being locked up when I felt pretty much fine, while there was no such restriction when I had a fluey novid thing which was a lot worse a couple of months earlier, got me pretty shitty.

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I thought it was my job making me fucking stoopid, but it is the 3x vaccines and 2 x covids shrinking my already damaged brain
That would be the covid "shrinking your already damaged brain".
Provide actual evidence that the vaccines have caused brain damage, or kindly desist from such nonsense.