COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Got my booster shot today. All good so far.

Also got my ouchy left arm looked at after putting up with it for a year and a half. Lifting heavy stuff during the renovation stretched my radial nerve apparently. Hurts like crazy after getting a belting by a physio today.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got my booster shot today. All good so far.

Also got my ouchy left arm looked at after putting up with it for a year and a half. Lifting heavy stuff during the renovation stretched my radial nerve apparently. Hurts like crazy after getting a belting by a physio today.
#boosterbuddies

I went to bed at 8:30pm, lol. Now I’m awake in the middle of the night.

So that’s:
#1 - AZ, destroyed me for a day.
#2 - AZ again, felt basically nothing.
#3 - Moderna, destroyed me again.
#4 - Moderna again, bit of fever and a fatigue. Be fine by tomorrow.

Getting COVID would possibly be less impactful now with Omicron than shots #1 and #3, but the potential for long COVID gives me the willys so I got the jabs done. That being said I’m still convinced I got the original variant from a colleague who returned from overseas right as it was all kicking off, and I’ve never been so sick in all my life. (Had all the symptoms, and brain fog for months after). Still haven’t had it officially/since.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nice. Mr Canary and I got our second booster (4th dose) on Saturday. Both of us felt a bit blerg, though it didn't affect me as much this time as the previous ones.
I'm hoping for no symptoms so I can fit in s quick ride before rain tomorrow.

Lofty goals but you need to have something to look forward to. The lure of slow rusty ride is enough :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
#boosterbuddies

So that’s:

Getting COVID would possibly be less impactful now with Omicron than shots #1 and #3, but the potential for long COVID gives me the willys so I got the jabs done. That being said I’m still convinced I got the original variant from a colleague who returned from overseas right as it was all kicking off, and I’ve never been so sick in all my life. (Had all the symptoms, and brain fog for months after). Still haven’t had it officially/since.
Good one @beeb Boost is not only for hubs.

I slept well. Feel a bit rusty this morning but not that bad. No marathon races today though :)

I have only had Pfizer but didn't ask for it specifically. It seemed to be on the menu at the local 5G nanobot insertion clinic.

I just wouldn't risk getting a bit dead from Covid compared to the non event of a shot. Risk management makes it a simple choice. Having a friend die from Covid last year makes it even clearer.

I don't know if I've had Covid yet. I would be surprised if I haven't had some touch of it by now somewhere along the way.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're probably just immune or asymptomatic. I know of this happening for a lot of families.
Quite possible I suppose, but we have been testing all the way through and nothing.

Funnily enough, both myself and younger son (who also hasn't had it) home today feeling under the weather. Still neg.
First time I've felt crook since all this madness started.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
#boosterbuddies

So that’s:

Have had exactly the same shots as you @beeb - no effects from the AZ's though and only very mild fatigue responses to the 'Mo de RNA hits. Maybe a headache with the second booster, but pretty confident that was due to a cheap red.

I wonder if your more brutal responses to your first jab of each type of vaccine is a result of your suspected infection back in 2020... Your immune system wants to have a proper punch on because it recognises the vaccines?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Mate just texted me that after spending 8hrs in A&E he has been diagnosed with pleurisy after his recent Covid infection. No riding and anti-inflams for the next week or four...
I swear I will punch the next person who says it's just a cold in the throat...
You don't hear much about the after effects in the media anymore.