COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Anyone see the slightly crazy sounding economist on Q&A last week? Apparently did some economic analysis saying lockdowns shouldn't have happened and only 10000 extra would have died which wasn't worth the money. I haven't looked at it further.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Anyone see the slightly crazy sounding economist on Q&A last week? Apparently did some economic analysis saying lockdowns shouldn't have happened and only 10000 extra would have died which wasn't worth the money. I haven't looked at it further.
Caught some of it. Came across as an absolute cooker.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah, it's absolute bullshit - if you look purely at the 'economic value' of the productivity of a single individual (should be pretty easy to hambo) even 10,000 deaths is a huge loss (and that's just looking at it in purely non-empathetic monetary terms). Idiots like that also always ignore the additional preventable deaths that come about because health systems are overwhelmed (like the near 15 million who died as indirect causes of the pandemic in the last two years).

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Aaaaand my turn to play the waiting game..... Fucking germbag at work who's had Covid twice in the last couple of months, most recently only a couple of weeks ago, was coughing & spluttering the last couple of days, and doing fuck-all to try to contain it. I told him on Tuesday he sounded like he shouldn't be there. Finally took the hint and took today off, but too late.... An hour in I started feeling scratchy & tired. Told the boss & did a RAT as soon as I could. Came back neg, but I'll do another tomorrow to be sure. Finished the job session I was on (already short-handed because the fourth guy in our team was also off with some gastro thing), and went home & slept most of the day. :rolleyes::mad:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Monday I was getting blocked up and a sore throat, then a bit of a sharp cough... RAT neg.

Went to nightshift Monday night, got told to fekk off home at midnight.

Couple of painkillers and went to sleep. Spent Tue and Wed coughing, clogged up with snot and a sore head. Didn't even step outside for 2 days but was able to do some shit around the house. RAT still neg.

Woke up this morning feeling 95%, still a bit of snot, a cough and taste/smell coming back.

Official word, did not have corona due to 3 x neg RATs. Dunno what it was.

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Monday I was getting blocked up and a sore throat, them a big of a sharp cough... RAT neg.

Couple of painkillers and went to sleep. Spent Tue and Wed coughing, clogged up with snot and a sore head. Didn't even step outside of 2 days but was able to do some shit around the house. RAT still neg.

Woke up this morning feeling 95%, still a bit of snot, a cough and taste/smell coming back.

Calling this out, RAT's are shit unless you are 3-5 days in with enough viral load to test positive

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Monday I was getting blocked up and a sore throat, then a bit of a sharp cough... RAT neg.

Couple of painkillers and went to sleep. Spent Tue and Wed coughing, clogged up with snot and a sore head. Didn't even step outside for 2 days but was able to do some shit around the house. RAT still neg.

Monkeypox.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

I had a really mild tickle in the throat Wednesday evening, which I just put down to general irritation from the shit I'm working with now. Woke up this morn a bit scratchier, but still otherwise OK, but once I started getting head-down in the job started to feel like like it was trying to squeeze my eyeballs out, and throat got progressively sorer, burning nostrils, mild fever with hots & colds. No snot yet, but nose feels slightly restricted. Still have taste & smell, but general muscle & joint soreness and fatigue.

Germbag I got whatever it is from was OK last week after his recent Covid, but was sounding pretty shit on Tuesday & Wednesday.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

VB? I hear it can do that as much as Corona. But then I don't drink beer.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Calling this out, RAT's are shit unless you are 3-5 days in with enough viral load to test positive
I’m inclined to agree with this.
My partner started feeling something last Friday and was down for the count all weekend. She tested neg 3 times until pos on Monday, by which time I was getting a niggle. Monday after work I got the faintest positive and called it in to work. Been a mess all week.
One of the kids went pos yesterday, one to go.
It’s certainly hard to get ahead of this thing with the delay.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Does gob swab or nose rat make any difference? Yesterday's test was a gob swab, and I just did a nose test, which also came back neg.
I did three tests with my recent covid bout all the saliva test. The first one gave a very faint positive. Two day later I did another test. A different brand this time and the first one did not have any reaction (no lines at all) so I assume it was a dud and the second one gave me another very faint line for the positive.