COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well first of our little family to come down with it. My 11yo woke up feeling a bit average and has developed a cough and fever this afternoon. Now just tested positive on antigen test.

I've had a ripper headache this afternoon, which I never get. But just thought it might have been due to a full on weekend. Will see what comes of that!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Our boy has it, just in time to mess up the long weekend. Done pretty good to avoid it this long. He's got mild cold/flu symptoms.
Bugger, that's exactly what happened to us for Easter. Ended up doing a back yard camping trip haha.

So some how my 11yo is the only one who's contracted it. Wife, other son and I all tested negative over our full isolation period last week. I came good after my ripper headache, so must have just been a race day hangover.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After 2 rounds and 5 training sessions washed out we were agaim dudur to get kids on the footie field to start their season tomorrow. So i decided Friday night to test positive. Felt fine most of the day and jn the gym, just a scratchy throat and very slight sniffles.

Oldest is due to play in an anzac march on monday and under the latest rules from today doesnt need to isolate so long as he has a negative rat. Still feels not right to risk that despite the rules just for his bandmates, let alone any vets he might cross paths with

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Still feels not right to risk that despite the rules just for his bandmates, let alone any vets he might cross paths with
Yep. But the government says it's all personal responsibility now, so I'd say any vet out there marching is asking for it, right?

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I've managed to avoid an infection till now...tested positive on a RAT yesterday. I'd been feeling pretty ordinary for a day or so before the test and since taking the test I've gone downhill fast. Last night and today... bad headaches, sore throat, cough, very tired. The most annoying thing for me is it has elevated my ADHD tendancies... can't focus on any task for more than a few seconds (includes browsing internet and watching tv), restless, can't get comfortable or sit still, etc... I'd hate to face this thing without any vaccination. I'm wondering how long before I turn the corner and start feeling better... hopefully by this time tomorrow.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I've managed to avoid an infection till now...tested positive on a RAT yesterday. I'd been feeling pretty ordinary for a day or so before the test and since taking the test I've gone downhill fast. Last night and today... bad headaches, sore throat, cough, very tired. The most annoying thing for me is it has elevated my ADHD tendancies... can't focus on any task for more than a few seconds (includes browsing internet and watching tv), restless, can't get comfortable or sit still, etc... I'd hate to face this thing without any vaccination. I'm wondering how long before I turn the corner and start feeling better... hopefully by this time tomorrow.
Sounds like me. If so, you have another couple days yet. I almost felt like getting off the couch today.

indica

Serial flasher
Well people, I hope you feel better.
I had 4 hours of a fever and that was it.
Lingering slight cough but all is good.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
You people are scum! :p

I swear the two older boys tampered with their tests to get a week off, and the Little Sender seems invincible. Although that may be due to having a booster only a month ago.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Can't seem to do it as it might need a new post with a poll, but interested who still hasn't had the spicy cough yet?
Both the wife and I are still dodging the bullet as are a lot at my workplace (CBR)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've dodged it so far. :)

On the flip side, one of the guys at work is off with it for the second time in a few weeks, and one of the other guys was saying today that he thinks Old Mate had it another time before as well!

Last edited:

LPG

likes thicc birds
My wife and 1 year old seem to have dodged it. Pretty sure I had it in January and mostly staying in the spare room for most of the week stopped them getting it. (I had all the symptoms including loss of taste but tested negative). Wife was somewhere with the mother's group and they all got it except her. We're in NSW.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Dodged. But not really as had 6 weeks of iso since Xmas.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Dodged. Unbelievably so, two kids both been at schools rife with it and have had numerous contact opportunities through both theirs and our mates. Haven't been super cautious either, going to several gigs and large crowd events as well as a bit of travel. I'm almost convinced we must've had it and got off lightly/ been asymptomatic

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i thought i was invincible. wifey and 2 of 3 kids got it a ways back, and i sat in a plague house for 2 weeks cleaning up after everyone and all their snotty noses and incessant coughing. After 2 weeks of basically rubbing myself in covid 24 hours a day, i came down with exactly nothing and figured i was the next wolverine/deadpool. 3 weeks later, out of nowhere, havn't seen a soul with so much as a sniffle, covid hits me like a truck.

headaches were the worst bit, snotty stuff and coughing was average man-cold stuff, but the week and a half long headache was something new entirely.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You seem to have had it wise than me. I had worse after effects from the vaccine shots than the actual virus. Except for the inconvenience. It was very inconvenient.