COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haven't been school based for 3 years now @pink poodle and have been 'remote working' since June 2021.
Here I was thinking you were still on the front lines of things! Still a long stretch without being nasally inspected.

I considered working from home across he pandemic. But I didn't really want caffeine addicts knowing where I lived. Even if I was lowering their potion to them from the balcony in a bucket.

mtb1611

Seymour
Here I was thinking you were still on the front lines of things! Still a long stretch without being nasally inspected.

I considered working from home across he pandemic. But I didn't really want caffeine addicts knowing where I lived. Even if I was lowering their potion to them from the balcony in a bucket.
Actually quite glad I'm not! Schools are really struggling at the moment, particularly around staffing and the lack of sufficient casual staff to cover staff who either have covid or are isolating.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Actually quite glad I'm not! Schools are really struggling at the moment, particularly around staffing and the lack of sufficient casual staff to cover staff who either have covid or are isolating.
No doubt. A few friends in the field are about as happy as most nurses.

I actually can't think of any industry where people are claiming a non-stop party work life at the moment. Maybe real estate agents?

smaj

Likes Dirt
Saw them protesting outside Government House this morning, as I rode around the lake. Thought the better of yelling something out as I'd been having a great morning, up until then :)

safreek

I actually can't think of any industry where people are claiming a non-stop party work life at the moment. Maybe real estate agents?
Don't forget the construction cleaners, huge work around here. Non stop if you wish it to be that way

andrew9

Likes Dirt

Not sure what you mean? Party work life?
I think every construction, mining, and manufacturing trade has the strongest demand in a generation. Truck drivers too I suppose.
New and used car sales are booming. Bike, Caravan and Moto businesses are also on fire.

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
Partner is pretty sick so I'm trying to be nice. It's a weird look on me. Sat through a whole episode on Thursday without one snarky comment which should qualify me for a Nobel Peace Prize or something. But fuck me it's even dumber than anticipated. Plenty of BET BETTING BET 'AVE A BET A YA C*** ads during the breaks too which indicates there's probably a pretty significant cohort of bogan blokes being forced to watch it...

Speaking of, I've now been living in an isolated petri dish of COVID for five days and I'm still testing negative.
Similar situation but we came to the agreement a long time ago that I can't stand that $h!t and refuse to watch it, I'll browse RB whilst I'm in the lounge or read but I hate it.

My own personal petri dish has overcome me after six days :( I guess it was inevitable as we have a small house only one bathroom and toilet and both son and wife tested +ve last Sunday. The crazy thing is my daughter is still -ve and it first kicked off in her classroom at school the week prior to the son getting it but it had been floating around in his year group.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure what you mean? Party work life?
I think every construction, mining, and manufacturing trade has the strongest demand in a generation. Truck drivers too I suppose.
New and used car sales are booming. Bike, Caravan and Moto businesses are also on fire.
The people I know working in the more labour intensive industries you mention seem to be more at the exhausted/burnt out end of things than the work party life.

Real estate agents seem to have it nailed - buy cheap suit, post advertisement, don't answer inquires, sell house. Oh and mistake themselves for economists.

A while ago I was telling the people I work with that I was going to launch a cologne company based on popular cocktails. I had to stop talking about it pretty quickly as I realised most of them were too daft to get the joke, but that's another issue. Anyway the one most people understood was pina colada...its a 50something divorced man who's kids hate him in a Hawaiian shirt missing a few buttons at the top with a gold chain and matching watch sleezing onto all the girls...like a real estate agent.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Co-worker comes to me today and lets me know a good friend of theirs has just passed away from a heart attack...mid-30s, seemingly healthy, and so on...you know where this is headed, but I can't pull out now!

"It's gotta be the jab. There's just no other way this could have happened."

Don't get me wrong, this is a sad event and I appreciate the grief. But I am not as certain.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
My own personal petri dish has overcome me after six days :( I guess it was inevitable as we have a small house only one bathroom and toilet and both son and wife tested +ve last Sunday. The crazy thing is my daughter is still -ve and it first kicked off in her classroom at school the week prior to the son getting it but it had been floating around in his year group.
Samesies. Seems my vaguely smug COVID immunity prediction had a use by date, started going downhill on Saturday, pretty rubbish yesterday, worse today.

Hate to think how much worse this could be if I wasn't vaccinated...

On the plus side, it's revenge time for that munted MAFS exposure. Four hours of Playstation yesterday (couldn't concentrate for shit but still fun) and might do the same today once I work out how to get out of bed.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I had nothing with the first two (AZ) other than a sore arm and slight headache. The Moderna booster knocked my on my arse for a couple of days. And a few hangovers after that for a few weeks. Arm was crazy sore for two weeks but that is probably the operator rather than the vaccine. I will carefully think the 4th and definitely not get it at a chemist. Not dissing chemists but this one...
This is my outlook for the next few days. I kept out of this thread for a while but I took our eldest in for her second jab so figured I’d have my booster at the same time. They offered me Pfiz or Moderna so went with the latter. It burned going in and now that whole side of my body is aching. Weird burning sensation every now and then in lower back on that side too. Looks like some fun days ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This is my outlook for the next few days. I kept out of this thread for a while but I took our eldest in for her second jab so figured I’d have my booster at the same time. They offered me Pfiz or Moderna so went with the latter. It burned going in and now that whole side of my body is aching. Weird burning sensation every now and then in lower back on that side too. Looks like some fun days ahead!

It appears to be the good shit though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I went to work today, all day and even now feels like the worst flu I’ve had but without the symptoms of throat, nose etc. just like I’m tired but can’t quite sleep.

Sound like someone needs to find the disco!