COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Bugger. 18 yr old still at home has covid... again. And this time she feels really shit. Crying type feeling shit. I'm very surprised she has it again after getting it Dec 30 the first time.
Both times from the same nightclub I think.
Argh
Some might say "whateva, I do what I want...." but getting covid from a nightclub once is bad enough. Shouldn't that be a clue that going to nightclubs is a shit idea at the moment? Just saying...

danncam

Likes Dirt
Sorta E="ForkinGreat, post: 3477232, member: 18638"]
Some might say "whateva, I do what I want...." but getting covid from a nightclub once is bad enough. Shouldn't that be a clue that going to nightclubs is a shit idea at the moment? Just saying...
[/QUOTE]
Sorta agree, and yet, imagine spending your whole vce stuck in Melbourne's long periods of lockdown, missing the French trip, your year 12 formal and valedictory dinner, getting out to bands, parties and clubs. She was one of the first to go and get jabbed, and that is part of the problem maybe, she got AZ.
I'm very pro masks and vax but I'm all for her getting out amongst it now.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
For anyone interested in what the numbers of late look like as squiggly lines...

Say what you want about the accuracy of the data, but it's what we've got.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Bugger. 18 yr old still at home has covid... again. And this time she feels really shit. Crying type feeling shit. I'm very surprised she has it again after getting it Dec 30 the first time.
Both times from the same nightclub I think.
Argh
That really sucks. Also not a good advertisement for herd immunity. Might have been delta the first time and now omicron or maybe she never got over omicron.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Also, this is an interesting one. Tracks deaths above expected averages vs reported Covid deaths.
I only just found this and haven't looked at it in any detail at all...

This is a pretty telling graphic as well (same site):

danncam

Likes Dirt
That really sucks. Also not a good advertisement for herd immunity. Might have been delta the first time and now omicron or maybe she never got over omicron.
I'm actually wondering if it was omi the fist time, as it was pretty mild, and unlucky enough to pick up delta this time

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Sorta E="ForkinGreat, post: 3477232, member: 18638"]
Sorta agree, and yet, imagine spending your whole vce stuck in Melbourne's long periods of lockdown, missing the French trip, your year 12 formal and valedictory dinner, getting out to bands, parties and clubs. She was one of the first to go and get jabbed, and that is part of the problem maybe, she got AZ.
I'm very pro masks and vax but I'm all for her getting out amongst it now.
[/QUOTE]
Vaxxed and had it recently; you’d have to consider yourself incredibly unlucky to get it again so soon and to be fairly sick from it.

I’m pretty much on the same page as you. If my kids were that age I’d be supportive of them getting out there.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I’m pretty much on the same page as you. If my kids were that age I’d be supportive of them getting out there.
Dont have kids personally, but I'd hate for my 18yo who has zero common sense or regard for others to be bringing covid into my house every couple months because "YOLO". You'd have to hope you can work from home or have good sick leave policies for every time they exposed you

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Dont have kids personally, but I'd hate for my 18yo who has zero common sense or regard for others to be bringing covid into my house every couple months because "YOLO". You'd have to hope you can work from home or have good sick leave policies for every time they exposed you
I can tell you don't have kids. Covid at 18 would just be the next one out of a very long line of diseases they would have bought home.

My 4yo had Covid and zero symptoms. Probably because he has had every other corona, rhino and influenza virus known to man already. They could probably use his blood to cure AIDS and ebola to boot.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I can tell you don't have kids. Covid at 18 would just be the next one out of a very long line of diseases they would have bought home.

My 4yo had Covid and zero symptoms. Probably because he has had every other corona, rhino and influenza virus known to man already. They could probably use his blood to cure AIDS and ebola to boot.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
haha yeah. quite aware that kids are a huge vector of everything disease-y. I mean some stuff you cant help, like what they pick up at school, daycare etc. Was more referring to a scenario where the kid has finished school, still living at home, wants to let loose and YOLO's covid back to the family home over and over. Would shit me.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
It would only be another point of exposure amongst a bunch of others; work, kids sport, my sport, mtb social rides, shopping for groceries, kids at school, public transport etc etc.

Minlak

custom titis
haha yeah. quite aware that kids are a huge vector of everything disease-y. I mean some stuff you cant help, like what they pick up at school, daycare etc. Was more referring to a scenario where the kid has finished school, still living at home, wants to let loose and YOLO's covid back to the family home over and over. Would shit me.
It’s not really YOLO if they follow guidelines - was intrigued by press conference the other day where the QLD medical officer admitted they were aiming for a 50% infection rate of Covid and happy with what infections there had been - WTF happened to if just one life can be saved lol

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It’s not really YOLO if they follow guidelines - was intrigued by press conference the other day where the QLD medical officer admitted they were aiming for a 50% infection rate of Covid and happy with what infections there had been - WTF happened to if just one life can be saved lol
they are letting it R.I.P. because Perottet and ScrotuMo shat the bed on covid suppression.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It would only be another point of exposure amongst a bunch of others; work, kids sport, my sport, mtb social rides, shopping for groceries, kids at school, public transport etc etc.
sure, though some activities pose greater risks of exposure than others. clubbing>social outdoor MTB ride. there's stuff you have to do (shopping, work, school etc) and things you dont. additive risk. In any case, not my monkeys, not my circus.