COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I read that the anti vax movement is in a fight with the owners of Queen's music over the antivaxxers choice of theme song.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
Ahhh Novavax, the anti vaxxers vaccine... Did y'all watch the same YouTube vid?
What makes you think I'm anti vaccine?

Novavax has had an extremely substantial trial, moreso than what the others have had I have simply not heard of any issues with Novavax like I have with pfizer, astra etc.

40,000 circa participants in the nova trial and no significant reported issues, however, the first month of trials with the others like pfizer and etc immediately had significant reactions and those others are still triggering significant issues to this day.

Sky_Collapsed

lol

vs nearly 10 billion.

and all I hear is constant issues, right from the start of their trials up till now yet novavax trial something ridiculous like 40,000 circa participants and no significant reported issues. so you're damn right i'm going to put my preferrence towards something with actual good solid safety data behind it.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
and all I hear is constant issues, right from the start of their trials up till now yet novavax trial something ridiculous like 40,000 circa participants and no significant reported issues. so you're damn right i'm going to put my preferrence towards something with actual good solid safety data behind it.
Mmm confirmation bias.

I have a bear repelling rock to sell you if you need one?
Not a single bear has come near it in a test sample of 14,000 days

Sky_Collapsed

Mmm confirmation bias.
No, it's called an actual proper clinical trial unlike the slppy bs they did with pfizer and others. I did watch the first month of the trials with pfizer and etc and they immediately had reported issues which are still occurring now whereas the Nova trial had a very sigficant number of participants for a medical trial and I have not heard of one sever reported issue about it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I did watch the first month of the trials with pfizer and etc
Did you.

Notwithstanding that of course vaccines and treatments will improve with time and increased research, where do you think the world would be if we'd all waited a year or two more before getting jabbed.

Your motives for posting on this topic are pretty suspect - first the virus wasn't really that bad because you didn't catch it, then it was manufactured in a lab (which you know because your programmer brother has access to a lab in Wuhan!), and now it's probably worth getting jabbed because the Novavax trials meet your lofty standards.

It's pretty clear that you have no contact with anybody in front line emergency medicine. Plenty of us on here have family members who are, and let me tell you the situation is pretty fucking grim.

Sky_Collapsed

Notwithstanding that of course vaccines and treatments will improve with time and increased research,
Sure and that's what novavax proves. There's still people developing heart issues with pfizer to this day.

where do you think the world would be if we'd all waited a year or two more before getting jabbed.
Vaccine rollouts only properly started last year with early trials in 2020 and aforementioned vaccines are still having issues to this day.

first the virus wasn't really that bad because you didn't catch it,
Well if you actually take a look at the stats vast majority of people who get it only receive extremely mild to moderate symptoms. Do people die? Absolutely they do and it sucks but these deaths are an extreme minority of cases but it's still sad of course and one death is too many but zero deaths is simply not realistic.

, then it was manufactured in a lab
Because it was but even If I spent the time gathering the information and making a post I know you people won't read it or, at the most, you'll just lazily skim it and make a lazy comment and move on.

and now it's probably worth getting jabbed because the Novavax trials meet your lofty standards.
I never said it's worth getting vaccinated, that's you saying that, if you don't have any comorbidities you don't really need to be vaccinated for it, which is the group I sit in. I'm not even overweight, I don't have any pre-existing medical conditions, and considering close family members all got infected with it and I didn't develop any symptoms (Assuming I got it) I'm clearly not at risk of covid. The only reason I'm getting vaccinated is a work mandate otherwise I would not really have bothered.

It's pretty clear that you have no contact with anybody in front line emergency medicine. Plenty of us on here have family members who are, and let me tell you the situation is pretty fucking grim.
I agree but you're seeing the extreme fringe cases not the majority of cases that just get a sniffle or fever or nothing and then move on with their day. Remember right now (At least in tas) we have more daily recoveries then we do infections.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Sure and that's what novavax proves. There's still people developing heart issues with pfizer to this day.
Novavx not yet proven.

Vaccine rollouts only properly started last year with early trials in 2020 and aforementioned vaccines are still having issues to this day.
All medications have side effects in some people. Novavax will too.

Well if you actually take a look at the stats vast majority of people who get it only receive extremely mild to moderate symptoms. Do people die? Absolutely they do and it sucks but these deaths are an extreme minority of cases but it's still sad of course and one death is too many but zero deaths is simply not realistic.
That's nice. What about people who die because of ICUs overrun with covid patients and they miss out on other interventions? You have an extremely simplistic understanding of the bigger picture impacts on the health system.

Because it was but even If I spent the time gathering the information and making a post I know you people won't read it or, at the most, you'll just lazily skim it and make a lazy comment and move on.
AKA you have no credible information at all. Would it pass the same evidence-based testing you require of a vaccine?

if you don't have any comorbidities you don't really need to be vaccinated for it
Bollocks. Also it's not all about you. I'm glad your work is mandating vaccination.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Daily cases dropping pretty fast now, hopefully school going back doesn't put too much of a dent in that.
Omicron does look to follow this trend if you look at other countries experience with it, looks to be a very quick wave compared to Alpha and Delta. Hospitalized, ICU and Ventilated numbers look to be turning the corner too. We might be only a month or 2 away from a fairly comfortable 'living with Covid' (sucks typing that) situation.

Sky_Collapsed

Novavx not yet proven.
40,000 participants with no significant reported issues says otherwise, plus, the TGA wasn't going to make a decision till the 25th of this month yet they decided to push the decision ahead much sooner than what they initially stated so clearly the TGA saw something that proves otherwise, if opposite was true TGA likely would have delayed it again or straight up said no.

All medications have side effects in some people.
Sure, and that's why I do my absolute best to stay away from medications, I don't even use hayfever tablets and I avoid the use of painkillers as well.

Novavax will too.
40,000 trial participants with no sever issues says novavax is going to be a lot better over pfizer which still has heart issues to this day. Will some people develop issues with novavax? Sure, maybe, but the data currently suggest it's not going likely significant issues will occur with this one opposed to pfizer.

That's nice. What about people who die because of ICUs overrun with covid patients and they miss out on other interventions? You have an extremely simplistic understanding of the bigger picture impacts on the health system.
I understand the bigger picture. Back in 2020 early 2021 my granddad was meant to have surgery for a pacemaker which was classed as urgent but due to the lockdown at the time the hospital wrongly cancelled the surgery which mum then complained to a higher up and the surgery was very quickly put back on. This issue is likely even more confounded now and I do understand that but having a zero covid policy is simply not realistic.

AKA you have no credible information at all. Would it pass the same evidence-based testing you require of a vaccine?
AKA I know exactly how you and others will respond, believe me, I've been down this road many times before and I've put massive amount of effort into it only for lazy comments or lazily snide remarks so I simply just don't bother any more.

Bollocks.
So how come I didn't get severely impacted by it? No comorbidities, no underlying health condintions, unvaccinated.

Also it's not all about you.
When mum tested positive I stayed at home despite testing negative and showing no symptoms. I easily could have gone into work but I didn't because I didn't want to risk locking down the whole place in case I developed symptoms later on and most importantly, there's a guy at work there whos 70 and had to have his bladder removed and went through a massive dosage of chemotherapy so now his immune system is shot so I most importantly stayed away because of that.

moorey

call me Mia
Daily cases dropping pretty fast now,
I have to ask….is it because no one can get a test, or is bothering to test?
Was just talking to my riding mate with Covid. I asked if the rest of the fam for it. He said they didn’t bother testing, and they’re all self isolating. He also didn’t report his positive RAT…so, there’s 4/4 positive or likely positives not counted. Assume that’s pretty common.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
I have to ask….is it because no one can get a test, or is bothering to test?
Was just talking to my riding mate with Covid. I asked if the rest of the fam for it. He said they didn’t bother testing, and they’re all self isolating. He also didn’t report his positive RAT…so, there’s 4/4 positive or likely positives not counted. Assume that’s pretty common.
It’s the Trump playbook. Less testing = less infections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Sure, and that's why I do my absolute best to stay away from medications, I don't even use hayfever tablets and I avoid the use of painkillers as well.
Hayfever meds and paracetamol less proven than Novavax I guess.

AKA I know exactly how you and others will respond, believe me, I've been down this road many times before and I've put massive amount of effort into it only for lazy comments or lazily snide remarks so I simply just don't bother any more.

I understand the bigger picture.
No you don't.

I'm giving you a brief holiday so that you can give your undivided attention to this very short and easy to understand article:

Share it with your friends on Telegram, or whatever forum you people get spawned out to share misinformation from.

If you return with more thinly-veiled anti-science shit and demonstrate no learnings from the article the holidays will get longer and longer.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
I put our situation down to incompetence, not intentional nefariousness like Trump though.
That’s the beauty of it. Everything that ScovMo & Perrotwit have done for over a month has been to spread the virus under the cover of resources & testing.
It’s what both of them wanted from the beginning.
This way, they get to clear the “deadwood” from the economy in one fell swoop.
These people don’t think of a society, they label groups as lifters & leaners, budget expenditures etc.
Letting Omicron rip targets all the groups most in need of government support.

moorey

call me Mia
That’s the beauty of it. Everything that ScovMo & Perrotwit have done for over a month has been to spread the virus under the cover of resources & testing.
It’s what both of them wanted from the beginning.
This way, they get to clear the “deadwood” from the economy in one fell swoop.
These people don’t think of a society, they label groups as lifters & leaners, budget expenditures etc.
Letting Omicron rip targets all the groups most in need of government support.

You misspelled ‘gods plan’.