COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Letting it spread through transport systems all over the world wasn't a good start, Australia closed it borders and states look how many cases we had here compared to letting it rip, just proves that it works.
Exactly. Not saying it wouldn't work (although whether you can call it early enough is another question).

But you're comparing closing an island with 25m people VS closing China with 1.4bn people and 22k kms of borders with other countries.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Exactly. Not saying it wouldn't work (although whether you can call it early enough is another question).

But you're comparing closing an island with 25m people VS closing China with 1.4bn people and 22k kms of borders with other countries.
Australia has far more relaxed border controls than China, people get shot there for crossing borders. If they had recognised how bad the virus was from the start and put restrictions in place, it would have limited the spread by a long shot. My point was just letting people freely come and go just spreads it at an alarming rate, the proof is in all stats.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well made it through 10 hours of work with the modern upgrade. Not really feeling any side effects...injection site slightly sore, ready for bed, and that's about it.

Or is it?

Right knee is a little stiff on a deep squat. But that could be from riding to/from work and moving a lot of stock the last couple of days without stretching.

Neck is a little stiff, but again there is plenty of reasons that could be tight. Unfortunately none of them are fun.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Australia has far more relaxed border controls than China, people get shot there for crossing borders. If they had recognised how bad the virus was from the start and put restrictions in place, it would have limited the spread by a long shot. My point was just letting people freely come and go just spreads it at an alarming rate, the proof is in all stats.
China also has a far more compliant population and the 14 countries that border it aren't exactly post card destinations. You wouldn't need to police the majority of the land borders in any meaningfull way, just stop flights/boats from leaving.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
China also has a far more compliant population and the 14 countries that border it aren't exactly post card destinations. You wouldn't need to police the majority of the land borders in any meaningfull way, just stop flights/boats from leaving.
More like a Controlled population.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well made it through 10 hours of work with the modern upgrade. Not really feeling any side effects...injection site slightly sore, ready for bed, and that's about it.

Or is it?

Right knee is a little stiff on a deep squat. But that could be from riding to/from work and moving a lot of stock the last couple of days without stretching.

Neck is a little stiff, but again there is plenty of reasons that could be tight. Unfortunately none of them are fun.
Woke up at about 430am violently shivering. Grabbed the winter doona out and slept in a heavy sweaty mess. Mild head adche this morning, which may be hydration related.

Feel like I'm done with the side effects and will likely be well for the long day ahead.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Woke up at about 430am violently shivering. Grabbed the winter doona out and slept in a heavy sweaty mess. Mild head adche this morning, which may be hydration related.

Feel like I'm done with the side effects and will likely be well for the long day ahead.
2am with the fairly strong fever shivers for me, but not as bad as my original Astra jab. Took a paracetemol, woke again at 4am for a second, milder round, and took half a paracetemol. Woke up feeling generally achy, and still am (plus also tired because of the interrupted sleep). Suspect I will be fine tomorrow after a good nights sleep tonight.

Still happy to have it done.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My malaise just lifted during the evening after the booster so maybe 32 hours ish after the jab. Was there one minute then gone. Headache stayed until next morning and temp slightly up to 37.4C. Very weird. @Minlak thought I had covid so he deleted all my messages just in case.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
Weeks after my second Astra Zeneca shot I had a frightening period of irregular heartbeat & feelings of dizziness.
It coincided with the strict lockdowns so I just stopped exercising, stayed home & kept away from people.

It persisted so I finally went to my GP. I had an ECG. Nothing. I then paid for a 24hr monitor. Nothing. Notably, the symptoms seemed to be subsiding at the same time that I was finally getting tested.

Last month I became eligible for the booster. I went in that same day & got the Pfizer jab.

To my surprise, no side effects. No fever or headaches. Slightly sore arm.

In the weeks since, I’ve had no issues. I just finished an 8 day trail ride around the CWC, so I guess I’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freediver

I can go full Karen