COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Progress report on yesterday's booster (3x Pfizer). It's now 29hrs post shot and the fever chills and swollen lymph node in the armpit are here... Felt a bit ordinary this morning and the rest of the day with muscle aches and just generally feeling flat.
Went for a short ride around the burbs but wasn't feeling up to it so pulled the pin.
Probably similar to shot 2, but symptoms more spread out across the day.
Been doing some reading as I lay on the couch with the man flu and seems common that if you had symptoms on your 2nd shot you'll probably get them again.
Did some Hambo'ing and Interestingly a Dr. who studies lymph nodes says to alternate arms for each shot as you are less likely to piss off the nodes...seems legit. Too late.
No source on the above info...cbf.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Read an article from the US that indicates from lab tests that the Pfizer booster shows a 25x increase in antibodies vs 37x reported by Moderna. Moderna has also found that a double dose 100 microgram gave a 83x increase in antibodies (not an approved amount). Importantly though, is that both Pfizer and Moderna boosters appear to be effective against Omicron - these are only lab tests after all. This is not medical advice, just quoting what I've read, YMMV, DYOR, talk to your doctor if unsure etc..

Had my Mo de RNA last week after double AZ, similar response as @moorey and @Dales Cannon Slightly sore arm, no headache but a little lethargic and mild joint ache about 24hrs later, then woke up fine the following day.
This is well worth reading https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02717-3/fulltext

PJO

in me vL comy
A heterologous prime-boost schedule can be more immunogenic than a homologous schedule.
In other words have a modernaaa boooooster after your phiiiiiiizer or a phiiiiizer or modernaaa after a-zee darling.
Don't have phiz, phiz, phiz... or az, az, az...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
In other words have a modernaaa boooooster after your phiiiiiiizer or a phiiiiizer or modernaaa after a-zee darling.
Im a triple phizer kid... Only found out i had the option of a moderna for the third one the day after i had it. doh...

Reactions: PJO

dazz

Downhill Dazz
So it backs up what most other studies are finding. Yeah triple pfizzed here too, looks like I'll be looking to switch it up when it's time for another booster. It'll be good when they start bundling flu vax in with it, hopefully it turns into a booster each year to cover off any new strains that pop up similar to flu shot pre-pandemic.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
WTAF?

Ben Butler - The Guardian said:
Scott Morrison will ask the states to allow children to drive forklifts at today’s national cabinet meeting as part of measures to ease the staff shortages crippling supply chains, Guardian Australia has learned.

As anyone who’s ever worked in a factory or warehouse knows, forklifts are a very dangerous piece of machinery – a person was killed in a forklift accident in Victoria on Tuesday.

In Victoria, NSW and Queensland you currently need to be 18 to get the high-risk work licence needed to drive a forklift but Morrison will ask for this to be lowered.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
As someone who was involved in handling round hay bales stacked up to 3 high in my early teenage years in the family farm, I’d agree. Never held a fork license in my life.

Maybe 18 down to 16yo is ok?. The licensing guys will have a field day.

But big picture, why the fuck is this muppet scomo getting involved in low level nitty gritty changes to make up for his massive policy fuck ups that dump this nation in this shit storm.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
As someone who was involved in handling round hay bales stacked up to 3 high in my early teenage years in the family farm, I’d agree. Never held a fork license in my life.

But big picture, why the fuck is this muppet scomo getting involved in low level nitty gritty changes to make up for his massive policy fuck ups that dump this nation in this shit storm.
its why were vaxing 12 year olds :D

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

I get the impression that a lot of what #ScrotuMo does and says is a distraction from something else he and his fuckwits are Scheming to do.
and/or he just habitually fucks things up and is addicted to making announcements to give the impression he and his useless cunts are actually doing something, if not something actually useful.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
its why were vaxing 12 year olds :D
On top of getting their forklift licence, they'll also be able to drive the trucks which will help get our supply chain on track and get basic groceries back onto empty store shelves thus moving Australia forward.

"This has been another government initiative announcement on behalf of Canberra, spoken by Scotty from marketing and backed by the Australien Gubberment"