COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It’s like when I traveled through Central America many moons ago. Any Americans I met with half a brain had Canadian patches sown onto their packs. Although the reason why Americans were intensely disliked in that region was a whole lot more serious than a tennis wanker and a nation with an over developed sense of drama.
I almost took a job out of Dubai in 2018, managing the technical services for cinemas, operating in 18 countries. Offices in Dubai, Cairo and Lagos (Nigeria). I was head hunted by the owner, an Iraqi refugee who grew up in Queensland. He said the only universally trusted nationality in Africa and the Middle East were us Aussies.

Due to Dubai employment laws, where the employer needs to put 100% of the 5 year employment contracts value in a government trust fund up front and the gov pays out the wage from that fund, we couldn’t agree on the god damn insane package, owner couldn’t afford to stump up the full amount and wanted to do 50% as a bonus to circumvent the laws. I saw that as too risky. Dodged a bullet there between my health failing me and covid. But Jesus what a challenge that would have been.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Not surprising, but always a welcome laugh

How's the pic of the white women holding up a sign with a Martin Luther King quote on it.

Real classy and not inappropriate at all...

greendream

Likes Bikes

The Croatians collaborated with the Nazis in WW2, so it appears that Serb atrocities were probably motivated by payback for WW2.
FFS if this is the case we all may have an argument for "payback". Every war and colonising event has its fair share of atrocities usually attributed to the losers. This primitive payback argument should bear no weight in this day and age. But then again it don't take long for us humans to revert back to our wild state.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I went up to the Sunshine Coast yesterday and saw my first moron protester on the side of the road with a ute and trailer decorated in bullshit. I was so disappointed I left my MAP burner at home.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
FFS if this is the case we all may have an argument for "payback". Every war and colonising event has its fair share of atrocities usually attributed to the losers. This primitive payback argument should bear no weight in this day and age. But then again it don't take long for us humans to revert back to our wild state.
100% The answer to slaughter and crimes against humanity is not MORE slaughter and crimes against humanity.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
100% The answer to slaughter and crimes against humanity is not MORE slaughter and crimes against humanity.
The answer is to randomly pick a side in any armed disagreement and completely slaughter the other side...

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Jumped on Hotdoc and booked a booster shot this morning, rolled up to the doctor's clinic this afternoon and was the only person there.
A stark contrast to the production line of people going in and out when I got my first 2 doses.
No vaccine shortages these days. About 5hrs in and just slightly sore arm. Hopefully I'll avoid the fever and chills I got 24hrs after the 2nd dose...time will tell.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Got the 6yr and 9yr old booked in for 5G Friday. Wife’s work colleague said a local GP were getting a heap of Vax this week. Phoned up and got a booking, so feeling a bit better about return to school with the kids having some vax. Just the 3yr old and childcare which has already reported cases. Eeep!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I am due for the booster...I have 2 loads of Pfizer in me. Do I pfizzzzzz again or get modern?

I'm indifferent and had no issues with the pfizzzzzz first 2 times.