COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Friend of my partners gave birth yesterday at home in Melbourne. This friend is a nurse.

Pregnant mum called an ambulance when labour started early, ambulance hadn’t arrived after 4 hours. Delivered her own baby at home, baby wasn’t breathing upon delivery. She was performing cpr while delivering the placenta, driven by neighbour, ambulance never arrived

Baby is ok now.

This is next level fuxked up.

My cousin, also a nurse gave birth yesterday in a Vic country hospital, same hospital she works at.
Arrived 30 mins before birth, gone 3 hours later.
Not surprising. If only these consequences could have been predicted (or even discovered through the observation of other countries that had "let it rip")...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
While I sympathize…masks are to stop you spreading, not stop you catching….
Other essential services establishments have RAT stations at entry, my place seems to not give a fck.

My whole family in Ireland have had it, we are a year behind the UK, its been an 18 month drawn out experience for them and we now have Scomicron... I seriously want it now rather than later.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But do all your workmates? I know I’ll get it, I’d probably get it tomorrow if I could…but Tasmania in 2 weeks after 15 months training…gimme a couple of weeks please.
I feel your pain, the worst case scenario is getting it before a holiday... or worse, falling into a forced quarantine on holiday.

I hope you and the young bloke get to do the event, when you get back clean, you will feel like I do... hit me with it baby !

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Staggered school, start, facking hell. So one kid at school, one at home for home schooling. Wife’s a teacher so waiting on directive from her employer (private school).
Youngest will need childcare a couple days a week but email this week and they had 2 cases there. Fark. Just don’t know what to do anymore. Just live life and deal with the spicy cough when we get it. It’s the potential long term effects on the kids that has me freaking out. :(

SummitFever

Eats Squid
... I seriously want it now rather than later.
That's what everyone says until they end up being the unlucky person that gets smashed by it. Hopefully omicron is not so bad for long covid but before omicron over a third of covid 19 patients had a least one long covid symptom 6 months after infection. Those are not good odds.

It is not inevitable that you'll get it. Some PPE and basic hygene will go a long way. I personally now know of several families where one or more members have got (presumably omicron) but not the whole household.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I used to think that too. Have some neighbours (dad's a local copper) who are opting out as one of their kids had a seriously bad reaction to a vaccine when younger. Imagine chances of a similar reaction to a covax are slim, but can empathise with them as parents not wanting to roll the dice with their kids. Just hope covid itself is kind to them when it rolls down the street.
I have heard this line about 100 times in recent memory. I then proceeded to find various antivax sentiments among those that tow this line. I suspect it is often BS used to try and mask unreasonable views.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Staggered school, start, facking hell. So one kid at school, one at home for home schooling. Wife’s a teacher so waiting on directive from her employer (private school).
Youngest will need childcare a couple days a week but email this week and they had 2 cases there. Fark. Just don’t know what to do anymore. Just live life and deal with the spicy cough when we get it. It’s the potential long term effects on the kids that has me freaking out. :(
This will be the moment that ensures we all get it. There is going to be no way schooling mismanagement won't result in it spreading far and wide.

Unlike it is now.............

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I have heard this line about 100 times in recent memory. I then proceeded to find various antivax sentiments among those that tow this line. I suspect it is often BS used to try and mask unreasonable views.
You have to factor in that the anti's will jump on anything that will help support their position.

Shouldn't diminish the truth for the genuine, but sadly in our brave new world, it does.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I now believe it’s economical genocide in action.
It is in line with the general policy of the LNP of "fuck the poor, they can make their own arrangements. It's their fault for having no money."
Now imagine #ScrotuMo 's dickhead face smirking at you all while saying it. Still going to vote LNP? then GTFO

I feel for all those poor bastards on the dole, being railroaded into jobs at supermarkets, warehouses, aged care, hospitality, or anywhere else with a high chance of getting infected with covid. The Aged Care sector is way understaffed at the moment too, IIRC. They were generally understaffed BEFORE covid. Jebus help the elderly in those places (some a lot better than others), because #ScrotuMo doesn't give a shit.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's what everyone says until they end up being the unlucky person that gets smashed by it. Hopefully omicron is not so bad for long covid but before omicron over a third of covid 19 patients had a least one long covid symptom 6 months after infection. Those are not good odds.

It is not inevitable that you'll get it. Some PPE and basic hygene will go a long way. I personally now know of several families where one or more members have got (presumably omicron) but not the whole household.
You wouldn't want to be that person that has an underlying health issue that is exaggerated by covid either, some people have even caught Covid twice. Also think about the load on the health system.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
You have to factor in that the anti's will jump on anything that will help support their position.

Shouldn't diminish the truth for the genuine, but sadly in our brave new world, it does.
no doubt, but because this is a common stance now, its impossible to tell the genuine from the anivaxxers with this comment alone. Its safer to assume antivaxxer. Thats the detriment thats been caused.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
You wouldn't want to be that person that has an underlying health issue that is exaggerated by covid either, some people have even caught Covid twice. Also think about the load on the health system.
in VIC, there's an article in the paper (Age) this morning that covid patients have been sent to city hotels. WTAF?!?!?
not surprised, but still, what the actual fuck?!?!? the covid will circulate like a MOFO through their aircon and the outcomes won't be good.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
yeah i dont get the whole "cant wait to get it" position. You don't want it full stop.

if you get it, then hope its mild. But we should still be trying to avoid it if possible. Last thing anyone wants is to be the poor cunt that is otherwise healthy tripple vaxed that still dies. Thats a risk that didnt exist 2 years ago that we all now have to live with.

Last edited: