COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
My understanding is that businesses are still legally obliged to collect contact tracing information / confirm vaccination status and the check in app is an wasy way to do so. I'm going to continue to check in because I might end up being +ve and asymptomatic and want to do what I can to help - I don't trust my memory to recall everywhere I've been either!
I went to the movies the other day and they check you in - so I used the App and checked in and shoed them my stuff - But we are not eating out or doing anything we don't have to do. The issue is not being able to recall where I was but that the information we currently get is out of date by the time we get it. People are getting exposure warnings and being told to isolate from locations up to 3 weeks ago - Certainly no one I know has an alert under 2 weeks old - So they have to deal with the alerts for events they would already have symptoms from if they caught it.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I went to the movies the other day and they check you in - so I used the App and checked in and shoed them my stuff - But we are not eating out or doing anything we don't have to do. The issue is not being able to recall where I was but that the information we currently get is out of date by the time we get it. People are getting exposure warnings and being told to isolate from locations up to 3 weeks ago - Certainly no one I know has an alert under 2 weeks old - So they have to deal with the alerts for events they would already have symptoms from if they caught it.
Can't say I've been the social butterfly lately either, and haven't had actually had any notifications. I find it surprising that these delayed (and useless) notifications aren't being filtered before being sent out. I can appreciate your thoughts on not using the the check in app any more if this is happening.

The P-chook said this morning that she's setting up a rat-a-RAT hotline where you can call in a positive home test for case number tracking purposes, with an online method soon to follow. A step in the right direction - hopefully it gets integrated into the check in app too (at least a link to the website).

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
And again we have individual states setting up RAT reporting systems, just like qr etc before. Each state throwing the same millions at developing the same thing. Staggering waste
Infuriating for interstate transport operators too. (I'm sure many other industries also)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I just found out the bloody summernats is on at the moment.. wtf? Great, hundred of fuckwit bogans from all over bringing their plague - because you just know they are all about being smart about covid!
Whoa whoa, hang on their cobber. The spread of the virus of late can be put down to the entitled people who get to have the entire school holidays off work and take their precious little darling children to the furthest away beachside town making sure they stop in at every single parking bay and block it with their stupidly overpriced caravan (the biggest germ carrying vessel's on earth). These fuckers were annoying before this pandemic started and now every overpaid person in Australia with an expendable income has invested it in a damn caravan to really make sure we're even more irritated in our day by needing to follow some tosser driving 20km under the speed limit. Add to that, the wankers clog up the seaside parking areas and complain when they're asked to move their shitbox as it isn't a place for you to set up. Ironically, most of the time the dimwits do that; it's outside a fucking caravan park!
Good on 'em for running Sumemrnats.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah, after all this time of almost normality, we're screwed now too:(
How's the trip going btw?
In George Town, rode damp trails this morning... looks like they are just about to get another soaking in the next hour or so.
Quality trails !!!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
He’ll say it’s ONLY due to staff shortages from healthcare staff isolating. Nothing at all to do with Covid, you see.
The other flow on effect from large case numbers is clinics in hospitals closing to allow more capacity for covid cases.. my partner is a medical scientist in sleep and respiratory testing and she is now (again) out of work for at least 4 weeks as the hospital may need the beds.
This means that genuinely sick people who need the tests her clinic performs will have to wait till things reopen and the backlog clears.
Sounds like she will have a couple of days a week work doing RAT tests for hospital admissions but who knows..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Whoa whoa, hang on their cobber. The spread of the virus of late can be put down to the entitled people who get to have the entire school holidays off work and take their precious little darling children to the furthest away beachside town making sure they stop in at every single parking bay and block it with their stupidly overpriced caravan (the biggest germ carrying vessel's on earth). These fuckers were annoying before this pandemic started and now every overpaid person in Australia with an expendable income has invested it in a damn caravan to really make sure we're even more irritated in our day by needing to follow some tosser driving 20km under the speed limit. Add to that, the wankers clog up the seaside parking areas and complain when they're asked to move their shitbox as it isn't a place for you to set up. Ironically, most of the time the dimwits do that; it's outside a fucking caravan park!
Good on 'em for running Sumemrnats.
I think you forgot about cruise ships...the ocean going Petri dish!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Certainly no one I know has an alert under 2 weeks old - So they have to deal with the alerts for events they would already have symptoms from if they caught it.
Ive only had 2 arrive so far and both were just after we were already up north from Sydney. One on 1/1 I got on the 5th and one for the 2/1 I got today.
No symptoms and I’m at the beach everyday enjoying the outside and salt saturated atmosphere. Of course If I developed symptoms I’d isolate, but in our place up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Been a while since I have seen you come out punching like this! LOVE IT!!!!
After seeing people lined up to get a test to allow them to merely cross the border into QLD while genuinely sick people are lined up to get tested to confirm the virus so they can then line up at a Doctor to get a Medical Certificate so they can get their weekly pay, I'm totally ready to punch on with people over it. And yeah, it's the scenario people have been dealt by the guvm'nt by by Jesus it's created some stupidity and bad manners in people.

slowmick

38-39"
The other flow on effect from large case numbers is clinics in hospitals closing to allow more capacity for covid cases.. my partner is a medical scientist in sleep and respiratory testing and she is now (again) out of work for at least 4 weeks as the hospital may need the beds.
This means that genuinely sick people who need the tests her clinic performs will have to wait till things reopen and the backlog clears.
Sounds like she will have a couple of days a week work doing RAT tests for hospital admissions but who knows..
Cousins and friends who are registered nurses doing teaching and palliative care are being pressured to go back to hospital work. Seems like it is going to be all hands on deck soon.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
every overpaid person in Australia with an expendable income has invested it in a damn caravan
I'm hoping to lighten one of these cashed up people you speak of when we get back from Tassie.
My caravan is selling for many more covid dollaroos than I paid for it in 2018 and we have not been using it lately.
Covid cash come at me :D