COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Same day results my arse.
You got your test at what? 3pm? And expect a result same day? Maybe it should read 24hr test results just to keep busy coffee makers realistically informed.
Hopefully for our sake it's negative, imagine 2 weeks of non stop uninterrupted poodle bitching.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You got your test at what? 3pm? And expect a result same day? Maybe it should read 24hr test results just to keep busy coffee makers realistically informed.
Hopefully for our sake it's negative, imagine 2 weeks of non stop uninterrupted poodle bitching.
That does sound like a wild time likely to result in more tests.

Nah I'd have to ease up every now and then, I take whs very seriously. Public hospital handled my last test in peak outbreak and i had the results in just under 12 hours.

Everyone can breathe easy too! I'm clean and free.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
They have always been so effective in Melbourne.
i think they were earlier on. Just not delta/lockdown number 6 when everyone stopped complying for the most part due to a mixture of fatigue and "im vaxxed, i dont care" behavior.

All traced back to those two removalists :/ Wonder what could have been if they just took it seriously. Sadly and somewhat ironically they gave it to their mum who died as a result.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Booked my booster shot at 10am today, rock up at 1pm, hardly get to sit down when the doctor is asking which arm.

“Thanks doc, see you in six month”

Him:
“Ha, the way this mess is going, assume 5 months. Off your go, no waiting for adverse reactions from your third shot”.

Inside 90 seconds, done. Best thing ever was getting immunisation shots delivered by doctors and pharmacist. I waited 2 hours for my second shot back in July.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
All traced back to those two removalists :/ Wonder what could have been if they just took it seriously. Sadly and somewhat ironically they gave it to their mum who died as a result.
Wrong removalists. The ones who lost their mum took COVID to rural NSW and the removalists who kicked off the Melbourne outbreak were a trio.

NSW COVID: Mother of Sydney removalists Ramsin and Roni Shawka found dead at home (smh.com.au)

Inside the removalists' fateful journey that brought COVID back to Victoria - ABC News

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Interesting I thought these were the same guys. Cheers for the correction
Yeah, that seems to be a common thing. My mates all thought the same.

Just recalled something from a few days back that really struck home how dumb some of VICs COVID policies are and how that's eroding a lot of trust with the general public: We had to scan a QR code at the gate for my flight to Dubai.

Besides the obvious fact that it's a bloody international flight where every single passenger is clearly accounted for, how in the fuck are they going to notify people of an exposure when they're overseas and no longer using an Australian sim card? How are they going to enforce whether you get tested or not?

It's up there with the QR code at the paypoint at my local drive-through car wash...

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yeah, that seems to be a common thing. My mates all thought the same.

Just recalled something from a few days back that really struck home how dumb some of VICs COVID policies are and how that's eroding a lot of trust with the general public: We had to scan a QR code at the gate for my flight to Dubai.

Besides the obvious fact that it's a bloody international flight where every single passenger is clearly accounted for, how in the fuck are they going to notify people of an exposure when they're overseas and no longer using an Australian sim card? How are they going to enforce whether you get tested or not?

It's up there with the QR code at the paypoint at my local drive-through car wash...
i think there are multiple ways you could be notified. youre not invisible to the various authorities if you need to be found overseas. I'd assume in this current world state, hotel databases are easily accessible for such purposes. I wont get into the whole device tracking possibility (as I don't think that's actively being used for covid tracing, though it should be).

On the carwash QR, thats like any other QR scan in. If people use it, its easier to connect positive cases via the databases this is all stored in. No different from scanning into the pub.