COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just asked a colleague un ZA what's happening there. he said no real change to life, no increase in restrictions or extra push to vaccinate. Apart from giving it a name that sounds like an evil corporation in a futuristic movie no one seems very concerned.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
New variants should be expected as completely normal, it's what life has done, and will continue to do, for millions of years. Mutation doesn't automatically mean worse, just different. From my limited reading, the thing with this new one is that it has quite a few more individual mutations than previous variants, so the great unknown is just how much effect the collection of mutations has.

We have to learn to live with it, in all its forms, because it's not going away any time soon, like many other things. Vaccination is not a magic bullet, it's a means of impact mitigation.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Trivia of the day.

My daughter is a classical Greek scholar and informs me that there are two o's in the classical Greek language. Omicron means small/short o (o micron) and Omega means large/long o (o mega).

That is all...move on now.
How did a go into comic books spawn a classical scholar?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Trivia of the day.

My daughter is a classical Greek scholar and informs me that there are two o's in the classical Greek language. Omicron means small/short o (o micron) and Omega means large/long o (o mega).

That is all...move on now.
I knew that, something new please.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
So 2 of my youngest brothers kids have the 'vid. One of em brought it home from school. He's the one that smokes, and suffers from un-diagnosed chronic illness (limes or something like that). 4 days in and he's not showing symptoms yet, I can't see how he's not going to get it.

Antivaxer and reckons he'll go the Ivermectin route if he gets really crook, stuffed if I know where he thinks he's going to get it. Not that I think it'll make a scrap of difference. At least he has a decent sized oxy bottle in the shed if he really gets in the shit.

Fingers crossed it doesn't kill him.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The WHO skipped Xi because they didn't want to infuriate the CCP...

And they skipped Nu because it sounds too much like 'new'

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/28/world/asia/omicron-variant-name-covid.html

Another Fun Fact: Omicron when scrambled reads Moronic
Skipped nah my conspiracy tells me that It is just reserved for the real deal that is yet to be released. We have only had a few prototypes to date. Thanks god when the time comes our state gov will have the powers to protect us.