COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Anti-vaxers were out in Canberra this afternoon. Son and I were walking through the park and he asked what the people with the flags were on about. Just told him it was white supremacism and idiots having a tantrum. He accepted that answer and we continued our walk home. Fortunately thanks to the concerted effort of so many scientists he should be able to get his shot soon.
Which park, about how many you reckon?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Which park, about how many you reckon?
Down in Glebe park near Civic. Probably 100 people total in two groups. I think we came through at the tail end as it was pretty quiet, from the flags it seemed like the white supremacists and the anti vaxers had finished doing their joint meeting and we're now talking amongst themselves.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Down in Glebe park near Civic. Probably 100 people total in two groups. I think we came through at the tail end as it was pretty quiet, from the flags it seemed like the white supremacists and the anti vaxers had finished doing their joint meeting and we're now talking amongst themselves.
I often go there with my wife, who is Chinese and my little girl, who is obviously mixed. Quietly glad we didn't come across white supremecists in front of my daughter as I would prefer to stay out of prison. Just want to drive a car over them.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I often go there with my wife, who is Chinese and my little girl, who is obviously mixed. Quietly glad we didn't come across white supremecists in front of my daughter as I would prefer to stay out of prison. Just want to drive a car over them.
Yeah it was just a group with the don't tread on me flag and the red Australian flag so nothing particularly overt. Was probably 4 large families (20ish) sitting around at the tables near the bathrooms. The rest of the anti vax crowd were at the rotunda with signs, t-shirts and a few Eureka flags. It just amazes me that they are out and about in the world but honestly we couldn't have designed a better platform to magnify their bullshit than the current social media cesspool.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I am not antivax I just think Dysons are overpriced.
Expensive vax they are, we had a black Friday argument over a V10 absolute and a V10 Animal as the only difference are the attachments and an extra head we dont need. I have already bought her a full attachment kit that she doesn't use.

This resulted in me telling her to forget about it and her 4yr old V6 will have to do till next year :D

Waiting for the olive leaf as the sale ends Nov 29th.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Expensive vax they are, we had a black Friday argument over a V10 absolute and a V10 Animal as the only difference are the attachments and an extra head we dont need. I have already bought her a full attachment kit that she doesn't use.

This resulted in me telling her to forget about it and her 4yr old V6 will have to do till next year :D

Waiting for the olive leaf as the sale ends Nov 29th.
Watch out for those attachments, can cause injuries.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it was just a group with the don't tread on me flag and the red Australian flag so nothing particularly overt. Was probably 4 large families (20ish) sitting around at the tables near the bathrooms. The rest of the anti vax crowd were at the rotunda with signs, t-shirts and a few Eureka flags. It just amazes me that they are out and about in the world but honestly we couldn't have designed a better platform to magnify their bullshit than the current social media cesspool.
Isn’t the adult population of CBR 98% or something? Is there really enough left to form a slapdash vocal minority

LPG

likes thicc birds
On a lighter note, anyone have anything offensive to antivaxxers I could send one? I've had a friend from primary school on the other side of the world start messaging me and quickly redirected the conversation to conspiracy shit. It's past cordial now so I'm just responding to his misinfo with https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/ but diversity would be awesome.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
On a lighter note, anyone have anything offensive to antivaxxers I could send one? I've had a friend from primary school on the other side of the world start messaging me and quickly redirected the conversation to conspiracy shit. It's past cordial now so I'm just responding to his misinfo with https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/ but diversity would be awesome.
Ask for a current selfie, then make it into a meme: "This is what stupid looks like" and send it back.

ozzybmx

So SA supposedly tightened the rules today after another 3 cases down the South East.

Travellers entering South Australia will need to show evidence of a negative Covid test result within 72 hours of their arrival, under major new border changes.
The new rules, which take effect at 12.01am Monday, come as authorities announce more exposure sites in Adelaide and the state’s South East.
The major changes were to Moderate risk and the low risk change is just monitoring symptoms.

Moderate means getting a test to enter, then another test within 24hrs after entering while quarantining until the result.

When you look at the places that are Moderate risk or above, its not even worth the bullshit announcement.

ozzybmx

Whereas McGowan has just elevated SA to Low risk meaning double vaxxed and 14 days quarantine.