COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had to go to the sunshine coast yesterday for family reasons. Stopped off at a cafe that I have been to a few times for lunch and was surprised that none of the staff were wearing masks, few of the patrons had masks with them and none wore them to go to the counter to place orders. Ah I thought, rules have changed here. I still wore my mask as we still have mask rules. Ordered a takeaway and watched several come in and sit down without even checking in. Had a look on line. Nah they just have no fucks to give. Pathetic. Later that day heard from others that one wont wear a mask so I said I hope they are happy to be asymptomatic and infect their 70 plus year old parents and then another said she felt she was getting CO2 overload from the mask to which I added well hopefully the surgeon who has to operate on you feels the same and takes his or her mask off mid operation. Final straw was someone who lives on a farm sympathising with the protestors in Melb. Well I guess it is time for me to leave this shithole and head home where at least people have some brains. I really don't get it. Fuckwits the lot of them.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I had to go to the sunshine coast yesterday for family reasons. Stopped off at a cafe that I have been to a few times for lunch and was surprised that none of the staff were wearing masks, few of the patrons had masks with them and none wore them to go to the counter to place orders. Ah I thought, rules have changed here. I still wore my mask as we still have mask rules. Ordered a takeaway and watched several come in and sit down without even checking in. Had a look on line. Nah they just have no fucks to give. Pathetic. Later that day heard from others that one wont wear a mask so I said I hope they are happy to be asymptomatic and infect their 70 plus year old parents and then another said she felt she was getting CO2 overload from the mask to which I added well hopefully the surgeon who has to operate on you feels the same and takes his or her mask off mid operation. Final straw was someone who lives on a farm sympathising with the protestors in Melb. Well I guess it is time for me to leave this shithole and head home where at least people have some brains. I really don't get it. Fuckwits the lot of them.
Really disappointing isn't it. Loads of people checking in up here but obviously no mask wearing.

LPG

likes thicc birds
For the first time in my adult life I've actually been envious of being a police officer. Taking out the frustration of being in lockdown on some serious deadshits that are so in the wrong would be a very worthwhile reason to risk leave home. I don't think I would restrain myself and wouldn't last.

Edit: FYI I didn't see any violence, just hoping...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
For the first time in my adult life I've actually been envious of being a police officer. Taking out the frustration of being in lockdown on some serious deadshits that are so in the wrong would be a very worthwhile reason to risk leave home. I don't think I would restrain myself and wouldn't last.

Edit: FYI I didn't see any violence, just hoping...
There's footage of cops opening up on the high vis rioters yesterday with rubber bullets. Watching them down egos and disperse rapidly was cathartic...

• Love
Reactions: LPG