COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
7 day snap lockdown of Ballarat incoming...
I think we're up to version 6.1.1? Or is it 6.2.1? FIIK anymore.
I hope this snaps the idiots out of their reverie and masks are worn and worn properly again. Along with, I don't know, getting tested and not going for group coffee meetings.

My mother in law works in education and told me about an email she received stating that, anybody working in that field who travels between regional and metro has to get tested twice a week. Surely this should be the done thing across the board? Anybody travelling between regional and metro should get tested regularly as par for the course.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Why would it? Hasn't anywhere else.
I'm trying not to be too negative, but I agree, idiots be idiots.

Last time we went back into lockdown there was an increase in mask compliance. Then as soon as we are out of it, the morons think it's all over and restrictions don't apply to them because [said in crusty bogan voice] "we don't fuggen git that here".

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I'm trying not to be too negative, but I agree, idiots be idiots.

Last time we went back into lockdown there was an increase in mask compliance. Then as soon as we are out of it, the morons think it's all over and restrictions don't apply to them because [said in crusty bogan voice] "we don't fuggen git that here".
I dont think you're being negative. You're being realistic. Right now reality IS negative. That doesn't reflect on you, it's just reality. Lots of people don't get that.

slowmick

38-39"
Victoria closes playgrounds. Everyone kicks up a stink. Victoria opens playgrounds.
Sunday #1 - father's day. Just me and my daughter for an hour. Then more kids and two dads for the next hour.
Sunday #2 - Just me and my daughter for 1½ hours. Then at 12 it's table cloths on the three tables, picnic baskets, eskies and half the suburb.
I asked my daughter if she'd like chippies. She says "from Hot Donalds?". Er no, cheap dad says local fish and ship shop.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Victoria closes playgrounds. Everyone kicks up a stink. Victoria opens playgrounds.
Sunday #1 - father's day. Just me and my daughter for an hour. Then more kids and two dads for the next hour.
Sunday #2 - Just me and my daughter for 1½ hours. Then at 12 it's table cloths on the three tables, picnic baskets, eskies and half the suburb.
I asked my daughter if she'd like chippies. She says "from Hot Donalds?". Er no, cheap dad says local fish and ship shop.
i can read 3 beers deep, but 4 beers deep and a couple of cans of bundy still eludes me.

bobob

Has $20
@ozzybmx Yer, in SA.

It has been since July lockdown, masks are strongly recommended inside. Since then, shove a few spare ones everywhere, a few in the glovebox, a few i the workbag, a few in the riding bag etc. Inside mask-wearing is 'strongly recommended by SA-Health atm , where I work, is a joke, people wear them to their office, don't wear them in their office, they wear them for 5 mins traveling moving to meeting rooms, then have meetings with 2-40 people, sit in the same room for 2 hours, with everyone mask off.

It's not too hard to have a few masks in the glovebox, in the bag you take to work, in the riding bag, if you can carry a tube, you can carry a mask. etc. It just gets trying when masks have been a part of the culture here for a long time. Plenty of time to organise yourself, it's not your first day on earth.

@Dales Cannon I am glad #1 is alright, hope it all comes good. Don't feel bad about not having a mask, esp when it comes down to that sort of situation. I am a Dad now. When I was a kid I had a serious accident, my Dad saved my life and while doing so, he broke serious rules by running red lights etc. (he was not wearing a mask in 1983 either). There are reasons to break rules, also I am tired of standing in a line with a knobhead that forgot their mask, while they cover their snoorter with a scrap of a t-shirt.

I get it, people forget, esp when focused on something else, the difference is there are the ones that make the effort to get a mask to wear, (most venues have them under the counter in SA), and the ones that won't.

BTW I do not like masks, they screw my breathing, they make the red blotchy skin flair up like mad.

The current restrictions in SA are pretty cruisy...

Turns out I am magnetic to "stainless steel" take care out there...

Attachments