COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

bobob

Has $20
How long has it been too strongly suggest to wear a mask indoors if you are in SA? Days? Weeks? Months? Months+ yer? I am so tired of rides being the guy to be buying pasties and drinks for people that cannot go in the shop. I "forgot" my mask is the new I forgot my wallet (BTW it's been months). It is a sport watching other people stopping at the shop door going um. You get three types from here, about 70/25/5 (70 - I got no mask, they go back to the car and get it) vs (25 - what you going to do bro) vs (5 - I'll pull my t-shirt up over my nose for safety)

It's been a long time (a year+?), we have been required to QR at many/all doors (masks indoors is 4 months new) Every venue, Coles, Woolies, the servo, the pub, the kids' playground if it one of the big indoor jobbos... Lately even Taxis/Ubers and on the bus, you QR.

Covid mask rules have been here for ages... My 4yo kid has learned some lessons from this time, the best one, try to be polite and do not point or stare at people, "but daddy, no mask". The fact he points them out makes them absurd. Most of the time these people are unstable anyway.

I take extra masks these days for ding-dongs on rides that forget... it's cheaper this way. So I don't need to shout the whole ride a beer/bakery.

If you go out these days, it's money, keys, phone, and mask.. or equivalent. Every time you leave the house.

Least we can go many Kms (for now) from our homes. There will be another SA lockdown before Xmas. I hope not although Nanny StAtE Nicola and Stalin Steve love have us locked down under, Marshall Law. Going to be interesting the juxtaposition between the eastern economy and the western FIFOS. Choices will need to be made. Don't worry, as long as no one buys a pizza or move house, we could avoid our third lockdown.

Attachments

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How long has it been too strongly suggest to wear a mask indoors if you are in SA? Days? Weeks? Months? Months+ yer? I am so tired of rides being the guy to be buying pasties and drinks for people that cannot go in the shop. I "forgot" my mask is the new I forgot my wallet (BTW it's been months). It is a sport watching other people stopping at the shop door going um. You get three types from here, about 70/25/5 (70 - I got no mask, they go back to the car and get it) vs (25 - what you going to do bro) vs (5 - I'll pull my t-shirt up over my nose for safety)

It's been a long time (a year+?), we have been required to QR at many/all doors (masks indoors is 4 months new) Every venue, Coles, Woolies, the servo, the pub, the kids' playground if it one of the big indoor jobbos... Lately even Taxis/Ubers and on the bus, you QR.

Covid mask rules have been here for ages... My 4yo kid has learned some lessons from this time, the best one, try to be polite and do not point or stare at people, "but daddy, no mask". The fact he points them out makes them absurd. Most of the time these people are unstable anyway.

I take extra masks these days for ding-dongs on rides that forget... it's cheaper this way. So I don't need to shout the whole ride a beer/bakery.

If you go out these days, it's money, keys, phone, and mask.. or equivalent. Every time you leave the house.

Least we can go many Kms (for now) from our homes. There will be another SA lockdown before Xmas. I hope not although Nanny StAtE Nicola and Stalin Steve love have us locked down under, Marshall Law. Going to be interesting the juxtaposition between the eastern economy and the western FIFOS. Choices will need to be made. Don't worry, as long as no one buys a pizza or move house, we could avoid our third lockdown.
Are you in SA ?

Probably about 4 months of mandatory masking, QR codes have been about 9-12 months.

The issue is if you have forgot a mask... which I have had in nearly every place up until last week when the sun is shining and I may feel like a beer after a ride, or part way through. Its the first time in a long time I have been caught without... and its embarrassing asking for a mask.

There will be another SA lockdown... I am surprised we have got this long, I seriously didn't think we would have made the Melrose 18 at the start of September. Its happening any day now IMO.

The good thing is SA is playing this out like we have cases... just don't know when stuff starts shutting how long their resilience will be.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Us too... last week #1arrived home after midnight with a sore eye, some friendly fire from a grinder as he walked past. Quick look and yep we is going to hospital. Jumped in my car and when we arrived I realised my mask was in the wife's car and #1 only had a scrunched up P2 which was completely stuffed from a day of doing body work on a project car (mask covered in congealed paint and bog dust, many pretty colours). I was horrified but in the decision to go to hospital a mask wasn't even in my deepest musings. Anyway I still had my race balaclava in the car so wore that to the entrance. I guessed a hospital might have masks... we wandered up, I could have put my helmet on but thought that was probably not necessary. Anyway after I explained the situation at the door a nurse grabbed some masks (laughed a lot at our expense) and #1 was remasked and triaged and had a piece of steel dug out. Got home around 3am. All good.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Was pleasantly surprised last weekend when I had to collect my son and some mates from the Goldie after a day at the beach. At least 90% of people wandering around the streets of Surfers were wearing masks even though they are currently not compulsory in outdoor settings if you can maintain your 1.5m distance.

Got me stumped why our current “outbreak” hasn’t exploded beyond a handful of people and our trigger happy CHO hasn’t shut us down yet. The missus tells me it will happen after the NRL final.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
in the visits ive had in the last year you got temp check and registration at the front door and they had a big stack of masks there for anyone who forgot. Same when i took my wife to the emergency room.
When I went for my 2nd fizz-wizz they were handing out fresh masks at the door and instructing everyone to put the fresh one on. They must have decided there were just too many people donning either a dodgy home-made job or a disposable that they've been using for the last 2 weeks.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Wife had some symptoms so we all got tested, all negative. I imagined the process of testing a bit over a decade ago with barely anyone having internet on their phone. Would have been a disaster.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
When I went for my 2nd fizz-wizz they were handing out fresh masks at the door and instructing everyone to put the fresh one on. They must have decided there were just too many people donning either a dodgy home-made job or a disposable that they've been using for the last 2 weeks.
You mean we're not supposed to hang our filthy masks from our rear view mirror while we're driving?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
in the visits ive had in the last year you got temp check and registration at the front door and they had a big stack of masks there for anyone who forgot. Same when i took my wife to the emergency room.
I felt fucking useless but anyway a nomex balaclava is ok when it is 8C outside (cold for us Qlders).

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You mean we're not supposed to hang our filthy masks from our rear view mirror while we're driving?
i leave one on the handlebars of the hybrid bike when its at home since we have to have one on us even if not wearing it when exercising. If i left it in the bag im sure id leave home just assuming it was there. this way its a specific action to pack it when i leave.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
In an attempt to lighten the mood a bit here in the office, we have started a comp:
"Bin Chicken Bingo"
$5 buy in, submit your guess for NSW new daily cases b4 10am each day, closest to the pin gets a Corona. Same guy has won last 3 days in a row...