COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Both yesterday’s news. I want the Dolly Parton one.
You go get some DP in ya then. Will it be administered using the aforementioned fist technique, or do you get injected with 2 shots at once when receiving a DP?

I hear it gets the dose in good and deep.
What's all the hype about Moderna anyways? Isn't it pretty much exactly the same a Pfizer? Or are there significant differences between the mRNA vaccines.

moorey

call me Mia
You go get some DP in ya then. Will it be administered using the aforementioned fist technique, or do you get injected with 2 shots at once when receiving a DP?

What's all the hype about Moderna anyways? Isn't it pretty much exactly the same a Pfizer? Or are there significant differences between the mRNA vaccines.
Easier to spell, doesn't sound foreign. Much betterer.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

Moderna requires a -50°C to -15°C storage range, and contains three times more mRNA than Pfizer (not that this means anything)

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...but that is due to the supply he didn't secure.
Yep, understand that.
Point was, our friend Chewy could get vaxxed tomorrow if he wanted to (AZ)

So it's a bummer that he has to wait until November late September, although the delay is from all the people that chose to wait out the Pfizer

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

I’d imagine it’d be two at once as I often hear people talk about a ‘great pair’ when Ms Parton is mentioned but who knows. I’m not a farmercist.

Anyway Dolly Parton made it FFS. She also wrote both ‘Jolene’ and ‘I Will Always Love You’ on the same evening*. Is there no end to the woman’s talents?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
So it's a bummer that he has to wait until November late September, although the delay is from all the people that chose to wait out the Pfizer
I went and got my first shot last week. Booked Az as soon as it was available to under 40s a few weeks ago, but when I went for the shot they pushed (pretty hard) for me to switch to a Pfizer shot. No change in appointment required- I'm guessing they had a batch that needed using up.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I’d imagine it’d be two at once as I often hear people talk about a ‘great pair’ when Ms Parton is mentioned but who knows. I’m not a farmercist.

Anyway Dolly Parton made it FFS. She also wrote both ‘Jolene’ and ‘I Will Always Love You’ on the same evening*. Is there no end to the woman’s talents?
If you went for the Dolly Parton surely it is a bit awkward for the 12 weeks between treatments?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went and got my first shot last week. Booked Az as soon as it was available to under 40s a few weeks ago, but when I went for the shot they pushed (pretty hard) for me to switch to a Pfizer shot. No change in appointment required- I'm guessing they had a batch that needed using up.
Also double vaxxed in 3 weeks, rather than 12

I am currently in the same boat, but waiting the 12 weeks out for shot 2 of AZ

stoff

Likes Dirt
...but that is due to the supply he didn't secure.
6 million doses of AZ sitting in storage for use in this country right now according to the Age last week. It's mismanagement, not supply.

Edit: oh yeah, that's what you were saying. Facepalm.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Tell lies, I know 2 x 63yr olds who told lies and got the Pfizer as under 60's.

I reckon I could get a AZ booster on my already fully double Pfizer if I was paranoid enough.

I'm not, and the only reason I am fully Pfizzed is because of the shuttle bunny telling me I could get it. I wasn't really fussed. I was happy to risk it to let others who I thought were are at a higher risk than me... I still think that I could get the vid and go alright going on the scope of my Irish mates that have nearly ALL HAD IT. Dunno about the Delta, don't actually know much.

Both me and the missus are fully Pfizer'd, kids are healthy and at a good age. We are hoping to be OK when shit goes down. Sorry to anyone who has kids at risk :(

Mattyp

Cows go boing
It's mismanagement, not supply.
It's YouTube, and social media. Everyone you speak to is a Vaccine expert these days. I have a mate whose job it is to dig holes in the ground telling me there's no way he'd get Astra, he'd maybe get Pfizer but Moderna is the one for him...
Would you tell a brain surgeon how to operate on you, or an aneathesist how much ketamine to give you?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The contents of a 1990's Rhubarb & Custard was the ketamine horse tranquilizer and black microdot, in hindsight, no wonder we felt fucked for days after (and had rubber smelling hands) Maybe that was just me... maybe I still smell that.