COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Jpez

Down on the left!
The Northern Beaches went through a lockdown at Christmas so we know the drill. It looks like the Eastern suburbs got their shit together eventually too. Now we just have to wait for the Karen's to the West and SW to stop protesting and stop visiting each other.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Sorry mate, not minimising what you guys went through with your earlier lockdowns. But come back to me in 4 months and your perspective might be a bit different. No disrespect seriously but until you’ve been in constant lockdown for months on end it can only be imagined.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sorry mate, not minimising what you guys went through with your earlier lockdowns. But come back to me in 4 months and your perspective might be a bit different. No disrespect seriously but until you’ve been in constant lockdown for months on end it can only be imagined.
Correct. The LGA route through this will ensure that 4 months and counting is only a matter of time.

There will always be an opposing view of course.

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Northern Beaches went through a lockdown at Christmas so we know the drill. It looks like the Eastern suburbs got their shit together eventually too. Now we just have to wait for the Karen's to the West and SW to stop protesting and stop visiting each other.
As the others have mentioned, this isn't some short term nuisance.
If anyone in Sydney believes they are coming out of lockdown in 4 weeks, they are living on another planet

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^^ I think that's often called jumping out of the frying pan...
Sounds like base jumping out of the dying pan!

While riding! Harsh….but fair.
I've been using the expensive disposable masks from work a lot lately, up to 10-14 hours a day of work. Other than flying to/from Perth last year this has been my first period of mask wearing. I have found it quite easy to breath in these while doing my job and when I forget to remove it riding my bike, much easier than I expected. I still wouldn't want to be riding or similar strenuously but it could be done.

By comparison the reusable cloth masks I have are difficult to breathe in and make my already difficult voice even harder to hear. Still I'm not ready to march in the streets and burn my masks in the name of freedom.

The deaths, the lockdowns that sap the life out you.
I would have liked to believe that we were smart enough to learn from the experiences of others...what worked and what didn't work etc. But fuck that! We are different and make our own rules! First class all the way.

Keeping in theme of "you fucking what????" The council herein Newcastle has launched a new marketing campaign in the midst of this lockdown! Over the last week some funky bright coloured signs have been popping up on poles around to promote the vibrant (?) Events taking place in the city...a whole world of events awaits you in Newcastle. Ummmmm? It seems an odd time to be promoting people to get out there and come together in such ways, but maybe I am out of touch.

As the others have mentioned, this isn't some short term nuisance.

If anyone in Sydney believes they are coming out of lockdown in 4 weeks, they are living on another planet

We are! The pressure to get open is massive and I think Gladys will spread em wide.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
FFS, apparently there are more protest marches being planned for tomorrow...goodbye Christmas.

Edit, I wonder how fast they can mobilise the ADF, get rid of the horses and bring in tanks.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
FFS, apparently there are more protest marches being planned for tomorrow...goodbye Chrismas.
Time to barricade the Spit and Roseville bridges again. If we can keep the diseased morons out, the Northern Beaches can have Christmas.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
For the record, the post he'd shared that I responded to was by the notable immunologist and uh... checks notes ... motocross rider Chad Reed.

But yeah, people will just believe anything they read!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think Sydney will have to go through those learning periods
this is the frustrating part - why do we think we're different instead of learning from the crap melbourne had to go through. for too many i think melbourne might as well have been america, another place of no relevance despite massive traffic between the cities. for the last year life has been pretty much normal here so we got very complacent.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
i have a prediction.

Countries like the UK that are highly vaccinated, removing restrictions, will breed super variants of this shit virus. as we start to open up again to other countries, we will see much fan fare about how we have beating this thing and how it can bve managed now. Then BAM. we'll cop a super mutant strain, but we'll be complacent because "were vaccinated" and "you told us that when we were all vaccinated we wouldn't lock down anymore". Then we will have legit fucking drongos spreading that shit around and we'll be back to 1 year ago today.

That or we'll all develop additional immunity through constant exposure and it will be nothing more than a common cold type thing

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

isnt the northern beaches where a whole slew of pics of people not socially distancing and without a mask in sight were coming from a few weeks ago as this was ramping up?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
That's precisely the concern:

HA!

Its interesting through right, because the political rhetoric here has always been that "the only way we'll get back to normal, is having everyone vaccinated" or some variant of. I wonder how much of our lagg has been driven not by incompetence, but intentions to see what happense elsewhere.

Theres always been this undertone from even smart people around the lower threshold of rigour on these vaccines from a time perspective. Granted side by side, more chance of dying from covid if you catch it than from suffering complications of the vaccines. SO one risk far outweighs the other for most parts of the world, but here in comparison, that weighting is reversed for many people. That often makes me question whether our initial rollout was intetionally slow.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
You think ScoMo can plan that far ahead? If it wasn't for grandpa kev he'd have his shoes on the wrong feet.
yeah i dunno about the whole Kev thing. old Rudd seems to be grasping at things for attention in a bid to stay relevant IMO. ScoMo might be a muppet, but he's not the only one running the country. Theres a whole cabinet of them