COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I have resisted believing the line that luck played a large role in the covid outbreaks in Victoria.. But fkn seriously, what are the odds the 1 person that drives to qld has covid.. We are locked in and there is only 83 active cases out of a population of 5.2 million people.. In percentages that’s 0.000015%. Maybe it’s 0.000018% factoring in cases they don’t know about.. So this 44 year old woman manages to come into contact with one of the ~ 0.000015-18% of people that have covid then in true fk wit rule breaker fashion choses to drive to qld.. But is still enough of a rule follower to get tested...
I’m willing to bet the back story will be great.

I.e Family member is a hotel quarantine worker, hasn’t been feeling well, hasn’t had a timely test, our traveller thought it was no big deal to just up and go.

Just hope there isn’t more community transmission discovered when DHHS goes looking

What a shit show

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I thought the new NT rule around testing a couple of days after quarantine was a no brainer. Easy, cheap, should pick up anything that was missed.
I’m also surprised they don’t send everyone out of quarantine with at least their first jab.
The irony is that it only applies to people who arrive in the Northern Territory from another state. It doesn't appear to apply for Howard Springs and even if it did, as it's only NT who are doing this (for now), most people who are discharged from HS are heading straight home to a different state.

As for getting the jab in quarantine, I don't think it's possible anywhere at this stage. We asked if we could get it done at Howard Springs as it's better to be crook for a couple of days when you've got bugger all else to do rather than when you're at home or at work, but unfortunately the NT government declined. Partly because of safety and logistics concerns and also because it wouldn't have any effect for people who are already carrying the virus or are at risk of catching it within a few days of receiving the vaccine.

Minlak

custom titis
I like to think it's karma in action after the Queensland Chief Medical Officer banned those parents from being with their newborn.
I don't disagree with you just making a further point - In the current climate I would hate to be responsible for decisions - Its never been a more damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. The shitty thing about rules is they suck in so many situations.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So... the people that live in Caloundra are responsible for the Queensland CMO's decisions? Odd way karma works
To be fair, that's more of a philosophical question but I think that any metaphysical form of judgement spawned from an exotic religion with thousands of multi-limbed gods, is going to seem a little bit 'odd' in our Western eyes.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
got the 2nd jab yesterday with no queues. 19 minutes from walking to the street entry, getting checked in to getting out, including the 15 minute observation time. half the desks that were manned were just waiting for people to come in. stready stream of people but could easily have been handling double that rate. Is NSW doing general 40+ shots yet?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I got the first Pfizer. Immediately upon receiving the shot my body obviously connected to the 5G cloud and a message was generated to my phone with the appointment for the next shot!

Someone said to me it was probably the device that the nurse was using but I believe that was an encryption station used to seed the bitcoin my body is now generating for the government.

Seriously though arm is sore, and a bit tired, mild headache the day after. All of which could have just been another day feeling a bit off or whacking my arm on something.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Seee @Scotty T - I read that as my arm is sore from whacking off ....

I just - literally got jabbed AZ - and like @tubby74 ,20 mins in n out - didn’t feel it and I’m a needlephobic

my arm is a bit hot tho , #toomuchwhackingoff

oh , and we have no power , like most of Victoria ,storm is wild - Stay Safe
I didn't feel the needle bar the initial prick* in the arm but I could feel the goo being squirted in. Weird, never had that before. I don't ever watch so it was a definite sensation in the muscle. Asked the nurse/tech/practitionisterer and she said some do some don't. The injection is into the muscle rather than subcutaneous and you can sometimes 'feel' it. Perhaps with so little muscle there to begin with it was an obvious increase in size?

I developed a mild headache some 8 hours after which stayed around for maybe another 24 on and off. Arm was sore for about the same period.

* yes I know it is just a little prick with a needle but who knows what he is going to do with it.