COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They still dont know how well any of the covid19 vaccines prevent vaccinated people from transmitting the virus to others.

They know a vaccinated person still carries the virus but how contagious they are to others is still unknown.

Then if a person can catch/carry the virus for a second time.

moorey

call me Mia
They still dont know how well any of the covid19 vaccines prevent vaccinated people from transmitting the virus to others.

They know a vaccinated person still carries the virus but how contagious they are to others is still unknown.

Then if a person can catch/carry the virus for a second time.
Last I read, yeah, they do. Stopped you spreading it on.

moorey

call me Mia

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
The risk of clotting due to the oral contraceptive pill is high enough that we had to counsell every new patient when i was a pharmacist. Nobody gave a shit about that.
But the oral contraceptive pill has been around since the 60s. We can assess the risks with a pretty high level of confidence. We just can't do that with the COVID vaccine yet.

moorey

call me Mia
But the oral contraceptive pill has been around since the 60s. We can assess the risks with a pretty high level of confidence. We just can't do that with the COVID vaccine yet.
We have more evidence on Covid vaccine side effects now than they had in the 60’s on contraception, I’ll wager.
No one is forcing anyone to take it, but there’s a ton more risk in a million other medications that people wave off.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
We have more evidence on Covid vaccine side effects now than they had in the 60’s on contraception, I’ll wager.
No one is forcing anyone to take it, but there’s a ton more risk in a million other medications that people wave off.
That's not quite my point. A comparison was drawn (today) between a substance with a 60 year history and a substance with no history, the implication being that people should take the new one if they happily take the older one. My point is that any substance, new or old, cannot be deemed safe by association, shared characteristics or peoples' inconsistent application of logic.

moorey

call me Mia
I get it, but honestly, we can’t afford to wait the years it has generally taken to check every box. Yes, stage 3 was expedited, but the resources and technology thrown at it is unlike anything before.
Contraception was raised. The odds of a blood clot are well known...around 1:1000. Clots from J&J are something like 1:1.25m in the US.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The risk of clotting due to the oral contraceptive pill is high enough that we had to counsell every new patient when i was a pharmacist. Nobody gave a shit about that.
Yeah but sex...it's apparently a lot of fun.

I had a lady friend many years ago who developed a serious clot issue linked to the pill. She was under 30 at the time.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Yeah but sex...it's apparently a lot of fun.

I had a lady friend many years ago who developed a serious clot issue linked to the pill. She was under 30 at the time.
Are you sure she wasn't using it as an excuse to get off the pill, and entrap you?

I hear you were quite the catch, back in the day..............

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

indica

Serial flasher

Professor Doust said the most common blood clot on the pill is deep vein thrombosis - a blood clot in your leg that is serious but has a very low risk of fatality.
Professor Doust said the blood clot linked to the vaccine generally occurs in the brain and carries a 25 per cent risk of death.
It is not comparing like for like though

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you sure she wasn't using it as an excuse to get off the pill, and entrap you?

I hear you were quite the catch, back in the day..............

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
That would have required me to trust her in the first place...she was a sporadic casual acquaintance, nothing formal. Just one day had a surprise medical emergency. I don't know he anymore but I think she will still get vaccinated.

I still am!

Minlak

custom titis
So what is the thinking now that the New Zealand fully vaccinated airport worker using correct PPE has tested positive for Covid 19 and sequencing says it came from a Dubai passenger currently in quarantine in new Zealand.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So what is the thinking now that the New Zealand fully vaccinated airport worker using correct PPE has tested positive for Covid 19 and sequencing says it came from a Dubai passenger currently in quarantine in new Zealand.
Which vaccine did they get?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Did they end up in hospital?

From what I have read the vaccines prevent serious illness and cuts down on transmission but doesn't prevent infection.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
Did they end up in hospital?

From what I have read the vaccines prevent serious illness and cuts down on transmission but doesn't prevent infection.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I actually don't know - But being positive means he still has to quarantine - as do all the people he was in contact with.

If I think about I wonder if being vaccinated will make people more blaise about their approach to stuff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I actually don't know - But being positive means he still has to quarantine - as do all the people he was in contact with.

If I think about I wonder if being vaccinated will make people more blaise about their approach to stuff.
Of course it will! Vaccine = immune = superman = indestructible = I don't need to wash my hands anymore...

Let the shaking of dick covered unwashed hands resume!